Tope Trip Wales

SpeciMan

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it the wife is map reading then. :lol:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi All,

I'm looking forward to meeting up with all you yakkers who are planning to come up to try for some Tope, however I'd like to point out that this mark is very exposed to the weather and can be a very dodgy bit of water on even the most benign of days, with fast tides boiling over the top of the reef and with wind against tide can be uncomfortable.

I don't want anybody thinking that the smooth seas on the day of our success are typical of what it is normally like and I'm sure Phooey will agree with me that the Saturday and Sunday were slightly more lumpy and the conditions, as anywhere, can change in minutes leaving you with a damp paddle home at best and if the waves build up over the reef a pretty scary ride :o We were approached on the Sunday by the local lifeboat who were keen to impress on us that when the tide started running in earnest we would be wise to leave as with a s/w wind against the tide, a 2m swell was likely within a short time.

For all you lads travelling a long way, I would hate for you to be dissapointed, so am saying this now and be prepared maybe for a fish for something else in the estuary if need be :)

We were lucky last week with the weather and the surf on the beach but it wasn't typical.

nifty. :)

If it does blow up there are other marks within an hours drive on the windward shore, so we would be in the lee. If you are strapping the kayak on the roof to go to the river, it is no major factor to drive up to the Llyn - just a bloody bind!

What we really need is for you all to say your prayers - but i know you all say anything but!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi All,

I'm looking forward to meeting up with all you yakkers who are planning to come up to try for some Tope, however I'd like to point out that this mark is very exposed to the weather and can be a very dodgy bit of water on even the most benign of days, with fast tides boiling over the top of the reef and with wind against tide can be uncomfortable.

I don't want anybody thinking that the smooth seas on the day of our success are typical of what it is normally like and I'm sure Phooey will agree with me that the Saturday and Sunday were slightly more lumpy and the conditions, as anywhere, can change in minutes leaving you with a damp paddle home at best and if the waves build up over the reef a pretty scary ride :o We were approached on the Sunday by the local lifeboat who were keen to impress on us that when the tide started running in earnest we would be wise to leave as with a s/w wind against the tide, a 2m swell was likely within a short time.

For all you lads travelling a long way, I would hate for you to be dissapointed, so am saying this now and be prepared maybe for a fish for something else in the estuary if need be :)

We were lucky last week with the weather and the surf on the beach but it wasn't typical.

nifty. :)

Hiya Nifty

Thanks for that bit of info :thumbs:

If the weather did blow up.What are we likely to be after in the estuary?.Just so we know what light tackle to bring.

As Simon also said.We could always find a sheltered spot....Then theres the 3rd choice :drunk:

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hungry, I did London ( Battersea ) to the campsite in a comfortable 5hrs 45mins and I rarely go over 55mph.

If you don't mind a steady plod and want the company give me a shout.

phoo.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

im gonna be having a couple of spuds with me for the camping part of the trip one may try his hand with his beachcasters

im gonna go try the minimilist aproach this time out in case of unexspected dunks in this choppy waters :D i do fish dover right out that can get a little naughty sometimes any way i think ill be leaving london around 4 pm friday to get there

erm name of campsite or post code would be great ill get one of them navigators onto it

Edited by Hungry Fisherman

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

im gonna be having a couple of spuds with me for the camping part of the trip one may try his hand with his beachcasters

im gonna go try the minimilist aproach this time out in case of unexspected dunks in this choppy waters :D i do fish dover right out that can get a little naughty sometimes any way i think ill be leaving london around 4 pm friday to get there

erm name of campsite or post code would be great ill get one of them navigators onto it

Ynysymaengwyn Caravan and Camping Park.

01654 710 684

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

01654 710 684

Cheers Phooey :thumbs:

Just what I needed too.

Do we need to pre-book the campsite or just turn up?

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

01654 710 684

no seriously head butting the keyboard for a name dont count

btw how do ya copy a quote and post lol :D

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod