Peterhead Factory Raided

I dont know why they bother. Even if they catch anyone breaking the law the fines are so low it's not a detterrent. Why bother spending our taxes on this ? Just let them get on with it.

About the most sensible thing you've ever said.

I fish to live and live to fish.

And here's some more rubbish

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/display.var.75...board_blitz.php

Maguire's is Norrie's favourite Weymouth chippy!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

And here's some more rubbish

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/display.var.75...board_blitz.php

Maguire's is Norrie's favourite Weymouth chippy!

never mind NORRIE!! Used to be MINE!! Kneecap the yobbish boors is what I SAY!!! :thumbs:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

About the most sensible thing you've ever said.

Yup I totally agree with Wurzel on this, lets do away with all fisheries regulation, its pointless after all. we should have a total free for all, every man fill his boots catch and take what you can, after all who's cares about tomorrow.

Yup I totally agree with Wurzel on this, lets do away with all fisheries regulation, its pointless after all. we should have a total free for all, every man fill his boots catch and take what you can, after all who's cares about tomorrow.

These guys are making an all round effort - they were in court yesterday charged with polluting sewers with excessive amounts of trade waste - another three Peterhead processing firms were also charged with similar offences.

But what is the point seaside ?? will it change anything ?. Magistraites and judges feel sorry for them and send them away with minor penalisation.

Doc if they arent hit hard enough in the pocket then their behaviour wont change. Fines will no doubt be an invisible part of a boat or companies yearly budget anyways. All the cases brought before courts in recent times have resulted in fines that have no effect on the people who comitted the crime. Fishermen walk away from court having made profit from illegal activities - The smile on the faces of the 2 shetlanders as they walked away from court last year told a story in itself. Some like those local to myself are hoping to get their fines quashed entirely and word on the grapevine is that that may well happen. The only loser I can see in these situations is the public whoose taxes are being spent on a wate of time, and those people who want to see more fish in the sea of course.

ST46altaireboyspic2.jpg

Edited by glennk

But what is the point seaside ?? will it change anything ?. Magistraites and judges feel sorry for them and send them away with minor penalisation.

Doc if they arent hit hard enough in the pocket then their behaviour wont change. Fines will no doubt be an invisible part of a boat or companies yearly budget anyways. All the cases brought before courts in recent times have resulted in fines that have no effect on the people who comitted the crime. Fishermen walk away from court having made profit from illegal activities - The smile on the faces of the 2 shetlanders as they walked away from court last year told a story in itself. Some like those local to myself are hoping to get their fines quashed entirely and word on the grapevine is that that may well happen. The only loser I can see in these situations is the public whoose taxes are being spent on a wate of time, and those people who want to see more fish in the sea of course.

The point - of course there is none if no-one can be bothered to actively and continually follow-up these activities and bring them to the attention of the greater public, the press and other such parties then there will be no wider interest and politicians and businesses will just please themselves.

The kinds of activities these guys are getting up to are illegal and they are only benefitting a few commercial activities - Buchans are part J&J Denholm, who are a diversified Glasgow company - the 26 pelagic trawlers only provide 5% of commercial employment but land nearly 40% of Scotlands fish.

It's not in the interests of the wider commercial fishermen, nor the recreational anglers, that these abuses should be allowed to continue without question.

If you think that those guys in your area shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, then raise a stink; if not - don't bother.

Hello Doc

Tomorrow would look after it's self and at the end of the day so would the fish stocks, I still have not seen any evidence of fishing pressure makeing much difference. Those huge tank ships would be bankrupt long before any stock was in trouble.

I fish to live and live to fish.