Is this racist?

Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Common market ?

Is it using calypso is racist? surely denying anyone not black the right to sing in a calypso style is racist (reserving it for Jamaican blacks itself is racist against african blacks) could be colour prejudice perhaps?

The jamaican accent ,even some jamaican whites talk with a jamaican accent.

The words themselves? No words cannot be racist only what they are directed at could be racist ,in a pub? Full of whites its called song

Ts getting to the state its best not to speak incase it upsets some weak willed idiot or more to the point upset some idiot on behalf of some weak willed idiot

Is this racist ? Colour predudice? Or merely true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQcPbyjDKEs

Can anyone stop you saying things about people who at some time would have killed you where you stood ,we have had enemies in 90% of the world ,we at least can say anything we want about them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"Commonwealth"...or Common Wealth"?...either way not racist at all in my view. 53 Free and equal states!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

sw50sw8sw578.gif

"OK, let's write a song to promote UKIP. Now, keeping in mind that we are unhappy at the perception that we are a bunch of racists, what would be the best genre to pick? Folk? Rock? No, too white, might alienate the black vote. Let's do Calypso, Mike Read does a killer impression of a darkie, we could do it at the conference and all black up, they'll love it"

Can't work out if they're stupid, taking the pee, trying to get it banned so they can rail against political correctness or just plain bonkers.

The annoying thing is that I have some serious doubts about the European Project, but the only eurosceptic party comes with a side order of dubious attitudes and right wing policies and has made immigrant bashing the core of its offering. Likewise, I care about some environmental issues, but I can't vote Green because they are a bunch of unreconstructed class warrior Trots.

• Like 1

The annoying thing is that I have some serious doubts about the European Project, but the only eurosceptic party comes with a side order of dubious attitudes and right wing policies

Oh, they're the British Tea Party. No doubt about it. They're religious nuts too. I still fail to to see how UKIP or the song are racist.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not racist, just stupid and unpleasant, like most things to do with UKIP

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I don't think they are racist. But by making immigration the core of their campaign they have courted the votes of a lot of people who are. The irony is that last time they talked about their policy they were proposing a system which would restrict unskilled entry of white Europeans in favour of increased immigration of skilled (potentially non-white) migrants from other countries. They perhaps have been a bit quiet about that lately.

I do understand why they have chosen this strategy though. Immigration, particularly from Eastern Europe, is a doorstep issue, and as Barroso has reminded Cameron, it is one of the non-negotiables of EU membership. Strategically, it is an issue that cannot be circumvented by parties in favour of staying in the EU. It makes perfect sense for UKIP to focus on it, and of course objecting to uncontrolled immigration is not inherently racist. It is, though, seen as "not nice" to talk about it.

• Like 1

sw50sw8sw578.gif

"OK, let's write a song to promote UKIP. Now, keeping in mind that we are unhappy at the perception that we are a bunch of racists, what would be the best genre to pick? Folk? Rock? No, too white, might alienate the black vote. Let's do Calypso, Mike Read does a killer impression of a darkie, we could do it at the conference and all black up, they'll love it"

Can't work out if they're stupid, taking the pee, trying to get it banned so they can rail against political correctness or just plain bonkers.

The annoying thing is that I have some serious doubts about the European Project, but the only eurosceptic party comes with a side order of dubious attitudes and right wing policies and has made immigrant bashing the core of its offering. Likewise, I care about some environmental issues, but I can't vote Green because they are a bunch of unreconstructed class warrior Trots.

It is at the very least atrocious PR.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I don't think they are racist. But by making immigration the core of their campaign they have courted the votes of a lot of people who are. The irony is that last time they talked about their policy they were proposing a system which would restrict unskilled entry of white Europeans in favour of increased immigration of skilled (potentially non-white) migrants from other countries. They perhaps have been a bit quiet about that lately.

I do understand why they have chosen this strategy though. Immigration, particularly from Eastern Europe, is a doorstep issue, and as Barroso has reminded Cameron, it is one of the non-negotiables of EU membership. Strategically, it is an issue that cannot be circumvented by parties in favour of staying in the EU. It makes perfect sense for UKIP to focus on it, and of course objecting to uncontrolled immigration is not inherently racist. It is, though, seen as "not nice" to talk about it.

I call it xenophobiaphobia.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Wasnt zena the warrior from NZ ?,racist

Great set of eyes for a furriner though

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson