Tope/smoothound anglers

Ian Burrett

After a few weeks of panic amongst those in love with our small sharks, it now looks if the Lowestoft slaughter isn't going to go ahead. Although i suspect the Mullenders won't have forgotten the idea but will try and carry it out, on a low key basis.

As far as I am concerned, this has given us a breathing space, and time to get organised and turn the Tope and Smoothounds, into an accepted Sporting fish before the next guy sees them as an easy lucrative market.

There is talk of establishing a National Small shark group similar to the Bass and Mullet clubs. If you are interested in getting involved or have any ideas, please let me know. A group of Essex Charter Skippers, including John Rawle and Dave Weaving, are already committed to the idea.

One fact, that came out over recent weeks is that Europe, already provides 27 % of the Asian market. Does anyone know, how we can get further details on this?

[ 28. August 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Ian Burrett ]

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Billingsgate, Lowerstoft and all other fish markets and talk to the merchants, might give a rough idea.

Very glad that Mr Rawel Has put his name to a bit of conservation, he will find it does wonders for the sole.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I will ask a few commercials.Will think about a trip to billingsgate.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

quote:

One fact, that came out over recent weeks is that Europe, already provides 27 % of the Asian market. Does anyone know, how we can get further details on this?
You could always try contacting Bite-back to request their sources of information.

http://www.bite-back.com/about/sharkconservation.htm

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill giz a call/text or PM

back across a week on Fri x

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

sam-cox:

Very glad that Mr Rawel Has put his name to a bit of conservation, he will find it does wonders for the sole.

Would that be Dover, Megrim, Lemon or what sort of sole?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

R Soles, Jim,,lol

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.