Tope/smoothound anglers

Ian Burrett

a small shark group would be an idea. the first thing that would probably help would be a website, with forum, information and contacts for people involved. a small affiliation fee (say £5) would enocurage members, and a monthly newsletter with informed articles. I would be interested in doing a bit of work on this

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasgowdan:

a small shark group would be an idea. the first thing that would probably help would be a website, with forum, information and contacts for people involved. a small affiliation fee (say £5) would enocurage members, and a monthly newsletter with informed articles. I would be interested in doing a bit of work on this

I like the idea of the website and Forum. Are you able to set this up. Davy Holt has just done a Forum for the Skate tagging and may be able to offer some pointers.

I have written to Dave Rigden today, asking for his help He is a member of the National Mullet and has been involved with the efforts to get Mullet declared as a recreational fish. I expect it will be a similar process.

One of my customers and a friend, Graham Boardman would like to get involved. Graham is semi retired and will have more time for the letter writing etc.

[ 28. August 2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Ian Burrett ]

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Glasgowdan if it takes off sign me in mate

Conservation is our game

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Ian,

The website and forum are easy ...just choose a name and things can get under way ....I have the hosting facilities and getting a website up is no too hard. The hardest part will be getting the organisation officially recognised :( for it to have any meaning whatsoever.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Hiya Ian,

It's not to difficult to set it all up :)

I'd be more than happy to add a new section on to my website & forum if it helps any.. I need info on the shark tagging side for it anyway :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Below is a comment by Leon which we have to take on board

Although conservation has increasingly become significant, it is not the major function of the organisations, which I think is about right. A lot of members join, just wanting to know more about fishing for the species, and it's only as issues arise that they might become involved in the conservation aspects.

If they were primarily dedicated towards conservation, I suspect that their membership and effectiveness would be far below what it is now.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk