• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 B1g-Dav3

B1g-Dav3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:48 AM

I've come to the conclusion that the only way i'm going to get a bait boat for less than 300 is if I build my own from scratch. So over the next 3-4 months I will post my success or failure of every part from designing to building to taking it on to the water.

Any one who is intested i will post all diagrams and details on how to do this so you can follow from step to step until finally creating your own bait boat.

Its all well and good buying a bait boat and using it. But you will feel on top of the world if you built the boat which help you catch your personal best.

I'm going to start by drawing up some concept ideas and if you feel up to a chalange then draw up some of your ideas and post them.

B1g-Dav3

#2 Polly

Polly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Arsenal FC, My Family

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

I've come to the conclusion that the only way i'm going to get a bait boat for less than 300 is if I build my own from scratch. So over the next 3-4 months I will post my success or failure of every part from designing to building to taking it on to the water.

Any one who is intested i will post all diagrams and details on how to do this so you can follow from step to step until finally creating your own bait boat.

Its all well and good buying a bait boat and using it. But you will feel on top of the world if you built the boat which help you catch your personal best.

I'm going to start by drawing up some concept ideas and if you feel up to a chalange then draw up some of your ideas and post them.

B1g-Dav3

On you go matey, I'll be watching with interest. If all goes to plan, why not go into business and make them to order?????
One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

#3 B1g-Dav3

B1g-Dav3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:48 PM

On you go matey, I'll be watching with interest. If all goes to plan, why not go into business and make them to order?????

I would not have the time to make and sell them I'm at college during the week. (USING COLLEGE COMPUTER AT THE MOMENT)And I work at the weekend to earn fishing spending money. I just want to help people who are not sure what to do. So i will post each step e.g. screw into this screw hole. To make it simple for those who interested.

B1g-Dav3

#4 Guest_CJS2_*

Guest_CJS2_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

I would not have the time to make and sell them I'm at college during the week. (USING COLLEGE COMPUTER AT THE MOMENT)And I work at the weekend to earn fishing spending money. I just want to help people who are not sure what to do. So i will post each step e.g. screw into this screw hole. To make it simple for those who interested.

B1g-Dav3

Screw holes?? it will sink!!! :lol:
:ph34r:

#5 Polly

Polly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Arsenal FC, My Family

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:50 AM

B1g-Dav3

Excellent, looking forward to it. How much do you plan on spending? and will you advise wher we can source materials and components?
One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

#6 B1g-Dav3

B1g-Dav3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

Screw holes?? it will sink!!! :lol:
:ph34r:

I was using that as an expresion.

Excellent, looking forward to it. How much do you plan on spending? and will you advise wher we can source materials and components?

Yes of course I will provide all information as I get it.

#7 Kappa

Kappa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts
  • Interests:Fishing??

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

Just my opinion....

Might it not be easier to modify a boat kit and just an extra servo to tip your bait etc in?

Rich

#8 rooney888

rooney888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Fishing - Lilco AC<br />Football - Manchester United<br />F1 - Ferrari

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

Just my opinion....

Might it not be easier to modify a boat kit and just an extra servo to tip your bait etc in?

Rich

originally i was going to do that but found out it is far cheaper building from scratch and easier than first thought.

#9 B1g-Dav3

B1g-Dav3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

Atfer many concept ideas I have finally drawn up what I feel will be the choosen design. Now atfer drawing it I could'nt scan it in as it was on A3 paper but I have used a simple microsoft program to recreate the drawing.

BAIT_BOAT_Jpeg.JPG

I would most appretiate if you could add your opinions. And i will get onto drawing up a technical drawing taking into account size of boat to size of electronics etc.

B1G-DAV3

#10 Gaz51

Gaz51

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Interests:Coarse Fishing - bordering on obsessive (according to the wife)!!!!<br /><br />The Great Outdoors<br /><br />Family - a hard but necessary job!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

So, you've decided on a twin hull design. I imagine it will be a fairly stable boat, especially when the water gets a bit choppy like it does.

I take it you are suggesting a twin hopper design also?

What materials do you intend to construct the boat from? Interesting post, one I'll be keeping my eye on.

Have you any ball park figures of an approximate cost for your design yet? I'd be interested to know what the final outlay turns out to be. I assume it will be markedly cheaper than any shop bought or redeveloped commercially available boat.

Good luck with the design and build. :thumbs: