BAIT BOAT D.I.Y

B1g-Dav3

Hi all

Has anyone got any advice, examples, photos or ideas for the release mechanism for a dropper/hopper on a diy bait boat.

I assume most will incorporate a servo using a trap door style mechanism, but how much strain will this put on the servo?? Examples of workings would be a big help?!

I started building a cat style bait boat some time ago but hit a brick wall when it came to the release mechanism.

Any advice for a anglers.net newbie would be much appreciated!!!

Mat, I'll send you some plans I have and hope they will be of some use to you!! Anyone else wanting a copy?? PM me your ADDY and i will be only too please to do so.

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed ive always wanted one but i think there silly prices tbh. If you do make one then start making several for less money then some of the stupid prices some people want for them. I'll have one hehehe. Post up pictures of it e.t.c and keep us informed, looking forward to seeing the progress :)

mysig333323dj5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say that it is possible i've done it.

See here http://www.howsitfishing.co.uk/index.htm

and here http://www.howsitfishing.co.uk/gallery2/ma...hp?g2_itemId=28

and here http://www.howsitfishing.co.uk/considerationsp1.htm

Not very many pics and detail up at the moment but ive used it about 6-7 times so far and its excellent.

Im going to create a better site shortly with all the info etc i used to build it.

Its still a work in progress at the moment but it'll get there.

Im going to build another based on a club 500 hull from Slipway Models (only £30).

• 3 months later...

Shame those links are broken. I stumbled across this and am genuinely interested.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...
This ones been quite interesting to watch Elton-

http://www.poarcher.proboards34.com/index....read=1162486489

Cept it appears you have to create an account!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi B1g-Dav3 B)

I am doing a project at college on the design and manufacture of a bait boat for my course in communications. was jus wondering if you can send the manufacturing process to me with images, drawings etc..

my email address is nblackwe@students07.ocvc.ac.uk

look forward to hearing from u

Cheers mate the "CARPLOVER"