How can accommodation be improved for anglers?

Barbara Devoti

Guest Complete Fisher
What Loch Leven are you talking about there is more than one.

THE Loch Leven that is closing this year. You know, the big one in Scotland with a huge amount of history behind it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE Loch Leven that is closing this year. You know, the big one in Scotland with a huge amount of history behind it.

Spruce up on your geography mate. There are more than one Loch Leven in Scotland.

http://www.multimap.com/map/places.cgi?cli...arch=loch+leven

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Barbara,

I think you have other priorities you need to tackle first on the fishing front.

This year Loch Leven is closing to the masses. Leven is a shrine to anglers all over the world who make a journey to Scotland every year to fish the Loch. How about the Scottish Tourist Board acting on this?

Chris

Just to let you kow, loch leven is not actually shutting down, look here : Loch leven

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Just to let you kow, loch leven is not actually shutting down, look here : Loch leven

So basically they are just not going to continue stocking with rainbows. No bad thing IMHO. I just had a look at the prices on there web site :blink: . No bleedin wonder they are losing trade. Up to £50+ a day, and the only thing that you can do is chuck fluff? :headhurt:

I'm a Scot, I'd rather go to any one of these venues

http://www.incallander.co.uk/fishing_scotland.htm#PRICES

or here.

http://www.fishing-uk-scotland.com/htm/str...de1.htm#awelink

or just about anywhere on this page

http://www.fishing-uk-scotland.com/htm/str...de1.htm#lomlink

Some of them even allow fishing from the bank, and other methods of fishing rather than just fly.

it looks to me that a combination of horrible prices and the daft 'fly only' rule has contributed greatly to the decline, which they have then tried to blame on the cormorants. Hell mend them I say.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

So basically they are just not going to continue stocking with rainbows. No bad thing IMHO. I just had a look at the prices on there web site :blink: . No bleedin wonder they are losing trade. Up to £50+ a day, and the only thing that you can do is chuck fluff? :headhurt:

I'm a Scot, I'd rather go to any one of these venues

http://www.incallander.co.uk/fishing_scotland.htm#PRICES

or here.

http://www.fishing-uk-scotland.com/htm/str...de1.htm#awelink

or just about anywhere on this page

http://www.fishing-uk-scotland.com/htm/str...de1.htm#lomlink

Some of them even allow fishing from the bank, and other methods of fishing rather than just fly.

it looks to me that a combination of horrible prices and the daft 'fly only' rule has contributed greatly to the decline, which they have then tried to blame on the cormorants. Hell mend them I say.

I've been trying for years to get permission to fish for pike from the bank to no avail, plenty other trout fisheries have relaxed rules to allow bank fishing/coarse fishing in the closed season etc. I pay £100 a year to fish Loch Fitty trout reservoir for pike all year round.

If Loch Leven is that short on business, well there are plenty of pike anglers who would love to fill their boats.

Paul.

I pay £100 a year to fish Loch Fitty trout reservoir for pike all year round.

If Loch Leven is that short on business, well there are plenty of pike anglers who would love to fill their boats.

Paul.

Thats a lot of money to fish for pike on one wee loch. You could join some pretty posh angling clubs down here for a yearly sub of £100 and you would get to fish some very nice waters too.

Edited by corydoras

Thats a lot of money to fish for pike on one wee loch. You could join some pretty posh angling clubs down here for a yearly sub of £100 and you would get to fish some very nice waters too.

Get to fish the carp loch on site too.... not just pike fishing!

Get to fish the carp loch on site too.... not just pike fishing!

Yeah I checked the site out. Still a lot of money for a one year course ticket for one fishery.

Yeah I checked the site out. Still a lot of money for a one year course ticket for one fishery.

Up here there isn't a huge choice of coarse fisheries, especially on your doorstep (i live 2 mins away). So it's worth the extra to me just for the convenience.

Up here there isn't a huge choice of coarse fisheries, especially on your doorstep (i live 2 mins away). So it's worth the extra to me just for the convenience.

I'm a Scot too, but I have not lived in Scotland since about 1987. To be honest I think coarse fishing in Scotland was better in the 1970's than it is now. I those days hardly anyone did any coarse fishing, most other anglers thought you were off your chump fishing for anything other than salmon or trout. I use to buy a salmon and trout permit for the River Leven and then fish the whole of Loch Lomond for coarse fish. None of the bailiffs ever bothered us once they found out we were only fishing for roach or perch.

I could also go and fish for free in the Forth and Clyde Canal. Okay it was a dirty old hole then but it was free.

We are getting a bit :offtopic: I think, we'll have the chuckers of the fluff after us.

Edited by corydoras