2+2 does equal 4.

Bob Bradford

I know there is an element of very selfish and bad match anglers ,ditto Carp anglers etc but are Pikers the worst of the bunch? read this;

Inspectors from the Fish Health Inspectorate, an arm of the UK government's Centre for Environment Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas), working with officers from HM Revenue and Customs, intercepted two vehicles containing in excess of 200 small live carp and roach at Holyhead port on Friday 12th May. The vehicles were destined for Ireland where the fish were to be used as bait on a pike fishing trip.

Two men have been reported for attempting to move live fish to Ireland without the necessary fish health movement certification, and for failing to notify the authorities.

The alleged offence is in contravention of Section 5(1) of the Animals and Animal Products (Import and Export) Regulations 2005.

Cefas are warning other anglers visiting Ireland that it is an offence to take live fish from the UK to Ireland without the appropriate health certification. Ireland is free from the disease Spring Viraemia of Carp (SVC) and SVC-susceptible species such as roach and carp threaten the country's high health status. Anglers are warned that they face prosecution if they disregard these regulations.

www.cefas.co.uk

Allegedly top Pike angler Nigel Williams and a mate are responsible it is time for Pike anglers to stop all the denials and get their house in order , there is a small element ,including some of the very top Pike boys clearly doing as they please and breaking the laws of this land, now will some of you accept fish ARE being stolen and transported by Pike anglers? or am I still making it up? Please do not say this should not be aired on a public forum in case the Anti's see it and do not accuse me of trying to drive wedges between different groups of anglers , this issue has come about through no fault of mine and hiding behind lame reasons is not the way to address this escalating problem, it's time to face facts .....anglers are the worst culprits when it comes to fish thefts and illegally transferring them to other waters....but what is the solution?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya, mate. :thumbs: It is these scum who need to be subjected to the full extent of the law and set as an example to the rest of the fishing community.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

OI OI,

well all i got to say is im shocked, i did'nt think there was much left to shock me but nigel william's

alledgedly of course, i hope it aint so cos he is a canny bloke (or was) lets await the out come on this one.

good report though bob.

:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

The phrases

"... but are Pikers the worst of the bunch? ..."

and

".... do not accuse me of trying to drive wedges between different groups of anglers "

don't sit easily together.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

There you go Leon

http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?R...43&NewsAreaID=2

Glenn, I think it is a legitimate question , we need to Identify who is doing what, Keith Arthur has been accused of being a racist by the NFA over this issue, I have been accused of being an Alien and lying about stolen fish, the EA claim Natural predation is the reason etc etc , now it seems to me that to properly address this issue it would be wise to target the main perpetrators!!!

If it turns out to be match anglers ....expose them!!! I will have no problem with that , the truth must come out however unpalatable and then maybe,just maybe we can do something about it mate,Regards Bob.

I agree that the fish should not have been transported and assume the anglers in question will be treated appropriately, but where does it say anything about the fish being stolen?

Allegedly top Pike angler Nigel Williams and a mate are responsible it is time for Pike anglers to stop all the denials and get their house in order , there is a small element ,including some of the very top Pike boys clearly doing as they please and breaking the laws of this land, now will some of you accept fish ARE being stolen and transported by Pike anglers?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

From my conversations this morning it seems that there were only carp in the fish that Nige Williams was transporting and no roach. That makes the issue even more alarming as there is no natural stocking of carp in Ireland but quite clearly could have had an illegal stocking after this particular trip. The only thing I could possibly say in his favour, and it is a very small thing, is that if he went over in the two vehicles as I've been told, one with all the fishing gear and one with all the tanks and airators, then after going to all that trouble of transporting them over there alive I'm not sure he would have released them when over there, more likely to bring them back alive .

It looks like someone knew what Nige was doing and shopped him to the authorities as he was singled out at customs for a special looking over of the two vehicles which were stopped seperatly. So it seems that to me other pikers found out what was to happen and they were'nt going to allow him to ruin theirs and everyone else's fishing by allowing him to get away with it

So far from what I've gathered the fish were not stolen but were legally aquirred ( 200 small carp would represent a couple or three days fishing for the correct bait size fish) but were not subject to an EA section 30 fish relocation order , indeed such an order would not have been issued as it's illegal to transport live carp from the UK to Ireland, so the UK and Irish authorities will come down hard on the pair of them

Because of their irresponsible behaviour they will deserve anything and everything that now happens to them and if a term inside is a result of their court appearance then hard luck to the pair of them but they will have deserved it.

It does no good to blame pike anglers in general for the mindless actions of two as this particular piker(me)has never transported a livebait in his life and if I wanted to fish a livebait then the only way I would do so would be if I could catch one from the venue I was fishing that day, so it goes without saying that I utterly condemm the actions of Nige and his companion just as I think all right minded anglers everywhere would

I agree that the fish should not have been transported and assume the anglers in question will be treated appropriately, but where does it say anything about the fish being stolen?

Allegedly top Pike angler Nigel Williams and a mate are responsible it is time for Pike anglers to stop all the denials and get their house in order , there is a small element ,including some of the very top Pike boys clearly doing as they please and breaking the laws of this land, now will some of you accept fish ARE being stolen and transported by Pike anglers?

Nowhere in the report Sportsman!

But do you think he purchased them? obtaining a section 30 (I believe it is) , It does seem a lot of live bait to take on one trip, perhaps he had a buyer in Ireland ? whatever the reason's for illegally transferring fish, I think it would be naive to think some of his activity's were legal,don't you?

I believe he has contacted the AT and apologised....so I may just break my promise of never purchasing another copy and read his account of things,Regards Bob.