Who should represent sea anglers?

Hi stavey.

No I havent sent in the petition as yet. I may pm you for more ideas if that is ok.

With regards to your comments on global warming. A large chunk of research suggests we may actually get colder not hotter in the uk. We have just had the coldest winter for 10 years and the coldest march for 30 years. If the weather hasnt ****sed up the bass stock then the pair trawlers working in Brid bay will have. I am waiting with fingers crossed to see if the cold winter has helped the cod stocks.

Dont hold your breath for global warming helping fish stocks. The commercials will wipe out whatever swims pretty damn fast. Remember they now have to catch more to help fish stocks. Its official.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest binatone
Hi stavey.

No I havent sent in the petition as yet. I may pm you for more ideas if that is ok.

With regards to your comments on global warming. A large chunk of research suggests we may actually get colder not hotter in the uk. We have just had the coldest winter for 10 years and the coldest march for 30 years. If the weather hasnt ****sed up the bass stock then the pair trawlers working in Brid bay will have. I am waiting with fingers crossed to see if the cold winter has helped the cod stocks.

Dont hold your breath for global warming helping fish stocks. The commercials will wipe out whatever swims pretty damn fast. Remember they now have to catch more to help fish stocks. Its official.

That’s what I like to see, glen out the closet and attacking commercial fishermen, even if it’s way of what the thread is suppose to be about and commenting on something that he has not even read.

Good to have you back to your old self winter.

If anglers need a representative then you for me are the one they need mate? You get my vote; at least I don’t be leave you would ever go crawling to those in power so that you could get a small slice of power yourself.

Where all going to end up paying for a bloody licence and having a bag limit because there are people in this world with thoughts of grandeur who catch bass and mullet.

Edited by binatone

Where all going to end up paying for a bloody licence and having a bag limit because there are people in this world with thoughts of grandeur who catch bass.

That lets me of the hook then :)

Leon

(Mullet are the only fish worth catching!)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi stavey.

No worries glenn, by all means pm me mate as regards idea's etc, i have a few for wurzel but i somehow dont think he would take them up :lol: he has a lot to say! but its so predictable and un-interesting perhaps that is why the defra bods cant be ar*ed to take any notice of him?

You could be right about it getting colder its blowing a bloody gale here at the mo as for the fishing there is shyte about even the mullet are a bit late with a lot of freshwater pi**ing out of the rivers i still have not been this year yet cheers..............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Binatone,

These things are coming whether angling is 'represented' or not.

Sticking your head in the sand and keeping quiet will not protect you in a changing world.

People once were able to drive without seatbelts or worrying overmuch about having a few pints, or going too fast.

But as the roads became more crowded, the economics of accidents realised, the days when people went 'out for a drive' simply for the pleasure of driving along the road were over.

And so a similar thing is happening, as examples of fishery management, and the contributions to be made from Recreational Sea Angling are recognised world wide, and increasingly government seeks to identify and consult with an increasing number of stakeholders within the marine environment.

Licensing, bag-limits?

These are the least of our worries.

:clap2: Well said Leon. :clap2:

There are those that want large areas of inshore waters closed off to all activities, whether that is justified or not.

There are those who instinctively dislike the idea of people getting their kicks from sticking hooks into fish.

There are those who want to stop anglers fishing piers, harbours, docks etc because of public liabilities, issues of security, but most of all because they are (in their view) a bloody nuisance.

Not speaking up when you have the opportunity.

Not organising to present the most powerful voice possible.

That is one way to ensure that when the cake is sliced, you don't get even the tiniest bit, and you will be prevented from ever doing so, no matter how much you are expected to contribute.

What's coming is coming, and if all anglers can do is to stay with their heads in the sand, hoping that they can continue doing what they have always done, catching what they have always caught, in a rapidly changing world, then God help us!