• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

The next entry will be his 500th, an Anglersnet achievement to be applauded if ever there was one.

Best if he doesn't blank, the Sun will reporting on the event whatever the outcome.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

#2 viney

viney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, welding and fabrication, machining, cars

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

Have enjoyed reading Chris's blog and have read every entry! Long may it continue!

It is a shame you stopped doing yours Rusty!

#3 JV44

JV44

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • Interests:Fishing ,boating and drinking

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

You have to actually catch stuff to do a blog Matt grabs tin hat enters foxhole

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh:  :icecream:

#4 Paulg

Paulg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, reading, real ale

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

And don't forget that he has been aided by his stunningly handsome photography assistant on many an outing :P

I think I've fished with CP for around 38 years now......and we still get as excited about fishing trips as we did back in the mid 1970's....two kids that will never grow up :D

#5 Chris Plumb

Chris Plumb

• Anglers' Net Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts
  • Interests:Err ... Fishing, Footie, and more Fishing

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

Jeez - better make it a good one! You can thank JC for my continued blogging - upto 2007 Elton ran a separate anglers blog - who's URL I've long since forgotten - when that became defunct I was gonna stop but The Flying Tench persuaded me to carry on - having done an online diary in some form since about 1999 - in fact some of my early stuff when I used to do a monthly article is still accessible here... http://www.fishing.c...thor.php3?id=56

C.

"Study to be quiet."   ><((º>   My Blog

#6 Chris Plumb

Chris Plumb

• Anglers' Net Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts
  • Interests:Err ... Fishing, Footie, and more Fishing

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

500th now live ! ;)

C.

"Study to be quiet."   ><((º>   My Blog

#7 Paulg

Paulg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, reading, real ale

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

Nice fish for your 500th, but rubbish photo of your perch....when I'm not on the same outing, you really miss my photography skills don't you :D

#8 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

Jeez - better make it a good one! You can thank JC for my continued blogging - upto 2007 Elton ran a separate anglers blog - who's URL I've long since forgotten - when that became defunct I was gonna stop but The Flying Tench persuaded me to carry on - having done an online diary in some form since about 1999 - in fact some of my early stuff when I used to do a monthly article is still accessible here... http://www.fishing.c...thor.php3?id=56

C.

Your previous blog was a great help to me in showing the kind of thing that was possible on the Kennet, and roughly what tactics to use - particularly re perch at that stage.  I don't think I'd have even tried to catch a 2 lb perch (a bit harder then than now) if it wasn't for your blog. So I was really pleased when you carried on!   And since then it's almost as if a fellowship of Kennet anglers has grown up. I can't really answer for others, but I suspect your blog has had a lot to do with it, Chris. So thanks!

john clarke

#9 Matthew Simmons

Matthew Simmons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

You have to actually catch stuff to do a blog Matt grabs tin hat enters foxhole

So there's no truth in the rumour that a new blog is being hatched - Rustysbreamblog.com

#10 JV44

JV44

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • Interests:Fishing ,boating and drinking

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

Aha so the story is out there he was trying to keep it under wraps as it`s going to be the advertising arm of Rusty`s Bream guiding service

So there's no truth in the rumour that a new blog is being hatched - Rustysbreamblog.com

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh:  :icecream: