Has Mr Bradshaw MP got cold feet?

It was reported in last weeks Fishing News (page2) that Mr Bradshaw MP stated in a written Parliamentary answer:-

"Scientific advice suggests that the state of the stock and levels of exploitation are such that there is no pressing reason to introduce urgently measures to protect the 2002 year class in particular"

Does this mean Mr Bradshaw has got cold feet?, does he now, in light of commerical response realise how commerical fishermen will be disadvantaged unfairly by the BMP? What do you think?

Regards Steve

Hi steve, maybe he has? maybe he has'nt? at the moment i think this whole government is in danger of self imploding with ministers coming and going left right and centre, so i fear decisions on new proposals like the bmp etc, will suffer the consequences of this for the time being, when browny gets put in control (much sooner than later imo) maybe we will see some sort of decision? probably another consultation on the consultation no doubt :lol: see ya....................

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I guess No one really knows Steve. You will have to wait and see what is announced. You might get a shock you might not. Having read that statement and heared it mentioned before I can understand the conclusion you draw, I too would draw that conclusion from that statement.

I would offer a different opinion on why no change came about if infact that happened. . I think DEFRA fear the fishing community and the criticism DEFRA will get. The Lobbey of the commercial fisherman is very Loud. That of RSA is all but a whisper (but getting louder). My belief is all the bumf in Fishing news and letters from that cornishman Mr Littlecock have got defra runningscarred. What they wont have bargained for is the uproar from anglers if they turn down BMP proposals. If RSA had a louder voice, the backing of the fishing press (free articles rather than charging £2000) and unanimous support of all anglers then the passing of BMP proposals would be a foregone conclusion.

IMO of course

Edited by glennk

"Scientific advice suggests that the state of the stock and levels of exploitation are such that there is no pressing reason to introduce urgently measures to protect the 2002 year class in particular"

That was quick then... Normally this sort of information takes years to compile, with surveys and research, etc. Probably just small talk and rumours.

...I hope so anyway!