Crabs Disappearing?:-(

Whether its called global warming or what, all i know is that Bass were a rarity when I was a kid in the Humber, now I probably catch as many as I do dabs etc. Its not that there are more fish its just that their range is extending, due (probably) to increasing average sea temps. I'm sure along with commercial pressure this has had an effect on cod stocks too. Cod prefer colder water, makes sense that they go further North looking for colder water. I think the only thing anybody can say with any certainty is that its changing and it shows no sign of stopping.

Prob a bit early to tell if its over fishing, there were no report of this at the end of last year as I recall, so prob has more to do with the weather but if the stocks are stressed they will suffer more greatly from events like last winter.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I don't know if this is correct in this case or not, but when the management of the fishery is finely balanced it doesn't take much to tip it the wrong way. A cold winter or two could well make all the difference. If the fishery is managed what I would call properly, ie, under estimate what can safely be taken and give the stocks a head start, then these things would be no more than a slight hitch. The fishery would be able to take it.

It's early days yet. Who knows what's happening.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.