Pigeon Conditioner

Read in several places about using pigeon conditioner as a groundbait but can't seem to find any info on whether or not it needs to be prepared. Do you have to soak and/or cook it first? :unsure:

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

As well as the seed mix, you can also get a vitamin and mineral supplement, a few drops to each kilo of mix works a bit like vitamino.

Look at http://www.elimarpigeons.com/pigeon_shop/bifs.htm

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Read in several places about using pigeon conditioner as a groundbait but can't seem to find any info on whether or not it needs to be prepared. Do you have to soak and/or cook it first? :unsure:

i soak mine for 24hr then simmer for 20mins....i like mine to go really soft so it balls up fish go mad for the stuff

hi mate, yes you should pre soak it for six hrs then boil it for 10-15 mins

then leave it for a few days in the water that it was cooked in and it will start to therment.

top and cheep stuff to use!!!

Tight lines bloke!

The following page may be of interest:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/saa/Code2002.htm

There is a section on particle preparation.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Cheers guys - I thought it probably did need soaking/cooking but was thinking of adding it to my PVA bag mix. Never mind - I'll just have to practice a bit more with the spod! :rolleyes:

Cheers guys - I thought it probably did need soaking/cooking but was thinking of adding it to my PVA bag mix. Never mind - I'll just have to practice a bit more with the spod! :rolleyes:

As others have said soak overnight then boil for around 15-20 mins.

If you want to use it in your pva bags, strain the water off well and mix it with various size pellets, they will soak up the moisture and add some oil based flavour, corn steep liqour fish or corn flavour, or any other you choose, then you can use in PVA bags no probs. Pigeon conditioner tends to have aniseed in it, which is great, mix some hemp in as well and corn or maize, the recipe's are endless, try and see what works best for you on your water etc.

Edited by trevor2003

Thanks Trev - I'm looking forward to giving it a go! :fish:

Thanks Trev - I'm looking forward to giving it a go! :fish:

The other week I tried a little day ticket water for the first time, it was like a pudle, but for a £5 for 12 hrs, decided to give it the benifit of the dout.

Had a little cruisan on some corn, fished over the mentioned mix, with some chicken feed in the recipe, so decided to put some Scopex giant Maize on and in a PVA bag of the mix with corn oil and just dropped it in the margine under a willow tree.

With in 10 mins had a run and had a good 20 minute fight, it was only 10 1/2lb, but the most stunning ghosty I have ever seen or caught.

Good luck, it's all about trying different things/mixes thats the fun of it all and the challenge and the satisfaction of catching somthing on your own bait/ideas etc.