Trolleys

merlin

Prowler 13 proud owner of. Needs trolley. What is best, cheapest and easiest? Simon mentioned a superduper one arriving soon in UK. Or is the one with E and K in the name (help me out here boys) best ?

In a world viewed through the somewhat restricted lens of kayak fishing, you guys are the fount of all knowledge.

Merlin

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prowler 13 proud owner of. Needs trolley. What is best, cheapest and easiest? Simon mentioned a superduper one arriving soon in UK. Or is the one with E and K in the name (help me out here boys) best ?

In a world viewed through the somewhat restricted lens of kayak fishing, you guys are the fount of all knowledge.

Merlin

Hi Merlin.This post might be of help to you.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...=60220&hl=C+TUG

zzippy2.gif

Hi Merlin

The trolleys on the market do not tend to be cheap. Zzippy, Simon and Doshkadog have the C-Tug trolley - I've ordered one too from upandunder.co.uk. They have them in stock & mine is being shipped today.

The other one worth looking at is the dually paddle cart. I did consider buying one of these but as as it is shipped over from the US and Terry who posts here had to wait many weeks before he got his I went for the C-Tug - plus I've already seen the C-Tug in action.

A few others here have the paddlecart too - theirs may have been shipped sooner.

The C-Tug is very easy to use and sticks to the bottom of the kayak like a limpet. I was impressed how Zzippy fit his trolley onto his fully loaded P15 by himself in less than a minute. The dually paddlecart is also highly regarded - it has better ground clearance than the C-Tug although Zzippy has not had any problems with his C-Tug over sand.

(pricewise about £70-£80 for either).

http://www.paddlecart.com/dually.htm

http://www.c-tug.com/

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Merlin.This post might be of help to you.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...=60220&hl=C+TUG

Worth mentioning that there is another version of the Eckla Trolly from the one in the photo, which has locating ally tubes that go through the scupper holes, providing a lot more stability. (Dunno if this is the latest model or what, but it was the only one I was able to purchase - £60) The only issue seems to be about potential damage to the edges of the scupper holes. I have covered mine in padding,(kitchen sponge covered in gaffa tape) as have others. I haven't noticed any problems with it yet, but soft sand might require a bit more effort to pull a fully laden yak through.

To the Panel then. :notworthy:

If you could pick one trolly what would it be?

As I need to invest, cause they aint half awkward to carry.

Greywulff

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

Worth mentioning that there is another version of the Eckla Trolly from the one in the photo, which has locating ally tubes that go through the scupper holes, providing a lot more stability. (Dunno if this is the latest model or what, but it was the only one I was able to purchase - £60) The only issue seems to be about potential damage to the edges of the scupper holes. I have covered mine in padding,(kitchen sponge covered in gaffa tape) as have others. I haven't noticed any problems with it yet, but soft sand might require a bit more effort to pull a fully laden yak through.

Hi Paintfly

I have the Eckla through the scupper hole trolley too. For my Caper its fine I don't mind this design as the kayak mostly rests on the rubber section on the trolleys arm. For the Scupper Pro the scupper holes are too big and even with extra foam on the posts it doesn't sit right. Plus its more awkward to fit the cart to the yak with this style.. if you are on your own you have to lay the kayak on its side and align the posts with the holes. If theres someone to lend a hand its not so bad. For as long as I have the Caper I will keep the Eckla.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Agree with Speciman. ECKLA scupper trolley and the SPTW just do not go. Its the one thing I am un happy with.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Paintfly

I have the Eckla through the scupper hole trolley too. For my Caper its fine I don't mind this design as the kayak mostly rests on the rubber section on the trolleys arm. For the Scupper Pro the scupper holes are too big and even with extra foam on the posts it doesn't sit right. Plus its more awkward to fit the cart to the yak with this style.. if you are on your own you have to lay the kayak on its side and align the posts with the holes. If theres someone to lend a hand its not so bad. For as long as I have the Caper I will keep the Eckla.

Point taken re: the SP, but I was really responding to merlin who has a P13, like moi.

Point taken re: the SP, but I was really responding to merlin who has a P13, like moi.

If Dingle is looking, have finally sorted my trolley problem :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Got some good quality straps and go from one top corner to another using two straps and the foam pads I have. SUUG as a bug!!. Have tried it over rough cobles, up kerbs, long grass and soft sand and PERFIK!

At last!. Will keep the Large Eckla Canoe trolley now, was gonna go for the cool cart that Dingle has (EXCELLENT) but will stick with the one I have now :)

At, bloomin last!!!!!!!!

SDD~~~~~ :sun: