Trolleys

merlin

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of the trolleys state a weight load limit have looked but cannot see! will be buying one but would like to know the toughest, do not want one that uses the scupper holes, as even though they say they wont damage them i can see problems. so looking for a under slung trolley, like the ones stated above do like the look of the elika.

Do any of the trolleys state a weight load limit have looked but cannot see! will be buying one but would like to know the toughest, do not want one that uses the scupper holes, as even though they say they wont damage them i can see problems. so looking for a under slung trolley, like the ones stated above do like the look of the elika.

The C-Tug is 120kg (approx 250 lbs). You'll be able to carry your catch as well! The makers claim to have tested to 250kg.

The thing that always bothers me about using the trolley with a fully loaded yak is not the load rating on the trolley but spreading the load over the base of the yak. First time I tried my ekla my P13 was bending across the cart as it was too far forward and not on a 'solid' section of keel.

Given that on the water they are fully supported across the whole wetted area, and knowing how bloody heavy mine is fully loaded, I worry about damaging the yak. I modified my eckla to be a scupper type, and it works great with just the yak, but I'm worried about it damaging the hull or the scuppers when its fully loaded.

When I get a chance I'm going to modify it to take long load bars instead, or just build a new one from scratch.

I've just ordered the C-tug too, shipping today. I too was looking for strong trolley that I could just use and not worry about its load bearing capacities. I dont tend to load all my gear onto the yak when transporting from the car to the water, I tend to make another walk back to the car for the rest. Even then if I did, the c-tug covers my loadout easily.

Had the C-tug since January. It is wider than any of the others - wider axle width - so is more stable. The bunks that the kayak sits on are the largest I have seen - so they are spreading the laod over a larger area of the hull, they are covred with a rubber surface too for protection and non-slip. The bunks will angle to suit any of the keeled kayaks - P13/15, SPTW, Dorado, Skua and Duo all sit on it beautifully. Kept in place by one thick webbing strap attached to the cart - just slip one end through the clamp, pull up and clamp shut. That's it.

Weight of the C-tug is greater than the others, so best to pulli t apart and stow in forehatch, rather than strap to the stern. Either works, but in the hatch is out of the way.

My preffered trolly out of those that I have tried.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I was wondering if the 2 steel axles can be removed and replaced with longer ones, which would allow another wheel to be fitted either side, might be a little more efficient over very soft sand for those that already have one and have trouble pulling it over said surface... just a little thought that probably doesnt make any sense... :huh:

Hi guys. ive not been on here for a while. good to be back in action.

anyway im looking for something that might enable me to trolley 2 kays at once. i know there doesnt seem to be one on the market, but im wondering if the straps with the c-tug are long?

i want to be able to stack 2 yaks (frenzys). is the c-tug the toughest weight wise?