New C Tug Trolley

doshkadog

I am on the whole very pleased with the C-Tug Trolley,

It is very quick to assemble and disassemble, once you have done it a couple of times and it takes only 30 seconds to do!

It is easy to attach to the kayak and sticks to the bottom of the kayak like glue.

Whe the Kayak is well possitioned the trolley takes nearly all the weight and is very easy to pull,, over the following grounds:

1 Tarmac

2 Grass

3 wet sand

4 rocks

But deep soft sand was anouther story, Maybe it was because we have a Malibu II XL (FOR FAT CHUFFERS LIKE ME) but it was still hard work on soft sand and took two of us lifting it to make good head way. But on the whole it was very good.

Comes appart into nice small stowable sections that fit easily in our middle oval hatch but would not fit in a small round type hatch. My over all impression was the C TUG was very good.

Having pulled it through the soft dry sand on return to base the wheels were grinding when turned but a flush with fresh water washed away the sand and the wheels were spinning freely with no harm done.

See picture below: The trolley tows easily too, it takes corners OK but any thing above 60 MPH and it shimmies a bit on the road.

Yea right, but looks cool on the camp site!

Oh Yea we had a great day out and saw Dolphins for quite a while until a boat truned up and they were off. The misses caught five Makies and we had a many small pollock, 19 fish in total, we kept some makies for food and bait and all the rest went back to fight another day. great Day out it was nice to see the sun.

Hope the pics come out ok!!

post-6937-1149445198_thumb.jpg

post-6937-1149445425_thumb.jpg

post-6937-1149445434_thumb.jpg

post-6937-1149445441_thumb.jpg

post-6937-1149445449_thumb.jpg

post-6937-1149445457_thumb.jpg

post-6937-1149445506_thumb.jpg

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

Great write up and pics. Like the sound of the C-Tug. So much so Ive ordered one. :thumbs:

Love the Dolphins too. JUst a point you may already know but if you touch any Mackies you may aswell keep them as they get an infection and die fairly quickly. More Bait ;)

If you want to release them best to wear gloves or shake them off the hook. It was news to me but endorsed by a marine biologist. :fishing:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

PFD's :whistling:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hiya Dosh.

Nice pics and write up. :thumbs:

Also a good review of the C Tug trolly.

The design of the trolly is great......appart from the axel clearence .....if the wheels were a bigger diametar maybe it would help cure the problem, although its only a problem over soft sand, and proberbly shingle.

Harder sufaces are not a problem.

So O.K. Realy.....whats the chance of increasing the wheel size, and making this cart an all terrain rolls royce of carts ??

Bill. :)

Your absolutley right we should where PFD's,

We are both good swimmers and were whereing wetsuits, and we did not go more than twenty yards from the coast. If we intend going further out we get them out of the hatch and put them on. but your right no excuse really.

:headhurt:

Hiya Dosh.

Nice pics and write up. :thumbs:

Also a good review of the C Tug trolly.

The design of the trolly is great......appart from the axel clearence .....if the wheels were a bigger diametar maybe it would help cure the problem, although its only a problem over soft sand, and proberbly shingle.

Harder sufaces are not a problem.

So O.K. Realy.....whats the chance of increasing the wheel size, and making this cart an all terrain rolls royce of carts ??

Bill. :)

I'll have a look at my wheel barrow wheel and see if its bigger and will fit.

Found no problem with the C-tug over quite rough terrain like going down over broken concrete and 12" drops where the old slip has broken up. Stones, rocks no bother - the clearance is more than I have seen on any other cart - it is deceptive in pictures. I have done a set for comparison of the Eckla and the C-Tug on the same ground - must find out how to put them though, they aren't much good here in my computer!

Soft sand I haven't encountered yet - with anything. The ground pressure from the C-tug wheels is less than narrower tyres though. The double wheels of the new cart put up the other day needs to be compared to the thick single. If it is the same area then the ground pressure is the same. Perhaps for soft sand areas it would be worth dropping the air pressure a little, that would give you a bigger footprint again - but increase rolling resistance on hard ground. You can't have it both ways!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I must say that PFD's are a must even 20ft from land you can still smack your head and its hard to float if your unconcious. remember you can drown in an inch of water!

Safety first in all conditions.

Their are no live fish in Davey Jones locker!

It is nice to have so many concerned friends on here