Well done Tesco

Mikec

I wish I had as much faith in public sector methodologies that you have when it suits your point.

Mike,

If you had looked at the reports, and the methodologies used to compile them as I suggested, you would have found that they were not prepared using 'public sector methodologies', but (apart from the EA reports) by respected independent private sector companies with much experience of producing such information, not only for the government, but for other private sector companies and industries as well.

If they weren't any good at producing accurate assesments, they would have ceased to be long ago.

And it is because they have such a track record of producing accurate and reliable data, the govenment spends money commissioning them to undertake the work, rather than attempting to do the work themselves.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling public assets to the private sector is something that governments are not adverse to. Water, Gas, electric, coal, TSB bank, nuclear industry, school playing fields etc etc.

But the govenment never sold licences.

It's only fishermen who sell licences to each other.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Mike,

If you had looked at the reports, and the methodologies used to compile them as I suggested, you would have found that they were not prepared using 'public sector methodologies', but (apart from the EA reports) by respected independent private sector companies with much experience of producing such information, not only for the government, but for other private sector companies and industries as well.

If they weren't any good at producing accurate assesments, they would have ceased to be long ago.

And it is because they have such a track record of producing accurate and reliable data, the govenment spends money commissioning them to undertake the work, rather than attempting to do the work themselves.

Does the phrase fish stock assessments mean anything to you.

£30,000 for a licence Mike? What sort of licence do you have? Come to that, exactly what sort of commercial licence costs £30,000? Are you getting confused with quota? Or maybe you've included the price of a boat in with that figure?

From comments of yours I've read on other forums, (where you also love to wind people up), I took it that you were just a part time netter, or odd bod as they are known around here.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

£30,000 for a licence Mike? What sort of licence do you have? Come to that, exactly what sort of commercial licence costs £30,000? Are you getting confused with quota? Or maybe you've included the price of a boat in with that figure?

Hello Steve

The licence value of my boat is between £25,000 and £30,000.

I fish to live and live to fish.

sorry if i appear out of touch and all that.

i take it fishing licenses are like black cab licenses, they are free if you wait in a long enough queue at the council,

but....

if you want to sidestep the waiting list you can pay someone a premium of £25-30,000 for one, then spend £25,000 for a boat/taxi to put it on??

:headhurt:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Its a bit more complicated than that DUDE, no new licences will be issued by the masters at the EU. That means like cab licences they have become a tradeable item. But once again it aint strait forward,you need to match horse power with the boat the licence is going to and also the length and tonnage. More often than not when a licence changes hands DEFRA manage to whittle the unit value down before they will allow the trade to take place. If you wanted to put 2 or 3 licences together onto a larger or more powerful vessel i think the loss is about 20%. When you have all this in place you need to buy quota. All a load of horlicks realy :lol: