drill and rivett!

Martin Hurst

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought one of those Halfords rivetting guns and discovered that the head won't fit over rivet properly as it's too close to the Ram ball mounts. I've checked several other makes, but they're all the same diameter. (Think I need an antique cast iron one, I'm sure I remember my Dad's rivet gun being smaller)

So, Speciman how did you manage it? Brute force? or did you drill your holes at a slight angle?

Contemplating getting the angle grinder on one side of the rivetter, but can't tell how thick the walls are or whether it might compromise the tool's action.

(Just saw the same suction pad bench clamp going for £25 in my local tool shop that I got for £4.99 last week in Lidl :yeah:)

I used a Halfords rivetting gun on mine :)

I think I had to go in at a slight angle but it worked out fine and they sit flush.

I ordered a some bits from Hook 1 last week (they threw in a free tshirt for being a good customer) - package should be with me any time now including the 1.5 inch ball I ordered. If you got the same gun/package as me (bought mine some time ago now) it should come with some rivets.. you could practice rivetting the ball on a spare piece of plastic first.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow