Shoreham harbour arm - a pigsty

Sorry, on second thoughts that's insulting to pigs.

I moved back to Sussex a few months ago, looking forward to a bit of sea fishing. Shoreham harbour arm was and is easily accessible from my home. What a sh!t h0le. The place is covered with decaying garbage - bait wrapping, old line, and God-knows what else.

I take my crap home with me - why can't the @ssh0les who fish there and leave this stuff behind? Must make a really good impression of what anglers are like for the civilians who take a walk by in summer.

Whichever municipal body's responsible for the arm are partly to blame for not providing any garbage containers. Mind you, the kind of deadbeats who leave all their droppings behind are just the kind of of morons who'd be liable to set fire to it and get all fishing there banned. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea.

im afraid its the same at the chesil mostly adults as well,its only a matter of time before someone has a nasty accident from discarded traces.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

john frum:

Sorry, on second thoughts that's insulting to pigs.

I moved back to Sussex a few months ago, looking forward to a bit of sea fishing. Shoreham harbour arm was and is easily accessible from my home. What a sh!t h0le. The place is covered with decaying garbage - bait wrapping, old line, and God-knows what else.

I take my crap home with me - why can't the @ssh0les who fish there and leave this stuff behind? Must make a really good impression of what anglers are like for the civilians who take a walk by in summer.

Whichever municipal body's responsible for the arm are partly to blame for not providing any garbage containers. Mind you, the kind of deadbeats who leave all their droppings behind are just the kind of of morons who'd be liable to set fire to it and get all fishing there banned. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea.

:cool: Please send me this as a letter to the SAN and I'll put it in the next issue, it's a problem that needs airing and sorting. :mad:

Yup, the scumbags do the same to Dengemarsh beach. A sodding rubbish tip of empty beer cans, line, bonfires, discarded baked potatos, lemonade bottles carrier bags, bean cans, loads of very dangerous broken beer bottles, with shards of glass that would go right through your foot. All above the tideline, so we can all enjoy it for years to come.

John

I wouldn't bother with arm, you will probably do just as well from the adjacent beach. The only exception would be if you are fishing for smuts :D then you need to fish the very end of the arm.

Unfortunately, the arm has always been unpleasant with litter and it's also not helped that some anglers use it as a toilet. :mad:

So my advice would be to get away from the throngs of muppets on the arm and fish the beach, best fishing during the summer is at dawn usually from about 4hrs before H/W up. :)

The problem is getting worse.the only places that seem to be free of the problem are places that are run by anglers for anglers such as the Admrilaty at dover and Deal peir.man of kent touched on the state of denge marsh He is right the state is sickening and oweing to the remoteness of the beach a mile or so down a poor unmade road it dosn't benifit from visits from the local authority refuse teams. whats even more worrying is that is a nature reserve and I can see by laws being passed to stop anglers visiting the beach .

Tite lines

Five Bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hear all you guys are saying about the rubbish around our coast. However, before we all start beating ourselves with birch sticks. just have a look at the sides of the main trunk routs around the country, all sorts, paper, bags, hamberger cartons the most unpleasent is those fizz bottles half full of fizz, always yellow fizz????

We have a national problem, one of attitude, are we are a nation of litter louts! A lot of you smoke . . . what do you do with your ash and the dog end? for that fact how about the clear wraping around a new packet and the empty packet, full of old butts of course? And then there is the full ashtry in the car, the emptying of which is a common site in lay-buys, and dont even look behind the bushes!!! Fags amounts to many hundreds of tones of disgarded wast per year! Yes the problem is bad, I dont defend anyone and that includes the 'innocent' who drops a fag end in front of me, or throws one from a moveing car still alight????? demon

John.

Sadly the west arm at Shoreham has always been a pigstye as opposed to the eastern arm. `Cos the car park is so near?

I think I`m right in believing, that anglers that have to put a tad of physical effort into reaching a mark, are generaly more resonsible.

Don`t listen to Graeme. You can also catch flatties from the beach. And bass!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Hey Spasor

Don't know how often you fish Shoreham, but as I'm only 10 mins away it's a fair bet I'm there more often than you! :rolleyes: (Fished there this morning actually :D )

As spasor said the east arm is cleaner but even that isn't exactly miles from the carpark. Still stand by what I said, a dawn tide with either lure gear or a fly rod stay mobile and work the beach. I usually start near the arm and work my way along west to the widewater at Lancing. As spasor said there are bass along with mackeral, gars and scad (if you're there in the dark).

Yep, would agree you can take flounders from the beach not really my thing, but local match result would suggest you're better fishing for them after dark. If you realy want flounders though you would probably be better fishing in the Adur, the cormorants certainly seem to take their share.

I would say that if you like to stay in one spot, carry loads of gear or fish in the company of muppets then fish the arm, otherwise stay mobile and explore the miles of beach that you can have all to yourself!!! :cool: