defra annoucement on SFC's

The reason Ben Bradshaw and his predecessors are content to leave everything in the hands of the SFC's is because they are financed by local taxation. Anything that allows him to make noises without actually spending his own department's money has to be a good thing for him. The fact that the SFC's have no interest in even conserving stocks for commercial fishing let alone recreational fishing is irrelevant as far as he's concerned. A few years on and he'll be in another department and some other ambitious toady with absolutely no interest in fisheries will get what they regard as the poisoned chalice.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the SFC's have no interest in even conserving stocks for commercial fishing let alone recreational fishing is irrelevant as far as he's concerned.

Really? I applied for a job with the South Wales one some years ago. The remit was to improve the local lobster stocks. They had already done a lot of good groundwork with Welsh Universities and were putting the cash up to put it in practice.

Maybe there are problems with the SFC's but my limited experience of them was positive.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net