That was lucky

JV44

At work this week coating up a ceiling in an old house that was pappered with woodchip one crack hairline ceiling seemed fine no obvious bulges or blown areas under paper coated it up thick coat of white matt poured cuppa from flask turned on blower heater left room for said cuppa when CRASH.....looking back in room to see this IMG_0638_zps418393d1.jpg painting ceiling softened up glue holding woodchip which was in turn the only thing holding the plaster to the lathes nightmare shhot to town for some 9mm plasterboard IMG_0641_zps19bd7e33.jpg then fill edges and paper over with woodchip put me back where I was 24 hours before.....win some loose some luckily the old lady is a family friend so didn`t go into headless chicken mode .Hopefully that vis this months disaster out of the way Edit lucky bit was that's where the old lady has her chair normally makes you think eh?

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Unusual modern materials match imperial materials ,i remember buying some floorboards only to find them thinner than the existing ones and having to use hardboard as a filler to match them up ,less wide as well but fine under lino

Do they still use different thicknesses of plasterboard for upstairs and downstairs ceilings? Long time since i did tacking

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters I got lucky the plaster on top of the lathes was around 10mm so the 9mm board was good but as you say seldom metric harmonises with old imperial ,think its mainly 12.5mm plasterboard is the norm for most stuff unless thermal or fire protection required .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: