Tywyn Tope This W/E

nifty

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap2: Wel;l done Richi and the rest of you that caught.I am well pleased for you.It looks a bit different there than it was 2 weeks ago

zzippy2.gif

richi0190wl.th.jpg richi0120uu.th.jpg richi0107iw.th.jpg richi0090zx.th.jpg richi0087ms.th.jpg richi0053ce.th.jpg

what a weekend! arrived at the camp site at 1.30am sat morning the drive took 6 hours as the M4 was blocked in 2 places was thinking all the way "I hope this is going to be worth it".After a cup of tea and a visit to Barry's for bait Nifty and myself launched by the bridge at about 9.30-10.00. By 20 past 11 I was returning my 3rd Tope. I've never caught anything so exciting before---screaming reel--powerful runs and fiesty when you try to land them as you can see in the sequence of pictures.That one took 2 attempts.All in all my day's tally for saturday was 5 tope ,one of which Simon Everett and myself tagged and measured before release(58 inches from nose to furthest point of fin which when measured and subtracted came to 52inches)A bullhuss,a doggie,a weeverfish,2 mackerel and about 15 bream 2 of which were of barbeque size.6 species and 5 Tope--brilliant.As you can see it was worth the drive and I urge any of you that want a bit of excitement to bust your Tope cherry too...thanks to the topemaster Nifty,thanks to Simon and it was great to meet your family too and of course "fly" and Martin,it was great to see you again ----see you all again soon for more adventures! :clap::thumbs::fishing1:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Nice one mate.

Not sure what you a have done to that Tope in the 1st photo but displays all the signs of a Richi special! :P:D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Nice one mate.

Not sure what you a have done to that Tope in the 1st photo but displays all the signs of a Richi special! :P:D

Catching Tope is a little like seducing a beautiful woman "once you get them on thier backs they seem to calm down a great deal"

Swiss Tony :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

i never got a reply for anyone being there for monday and tuesday so i didnt come down typical :(

well i could come down monday any one else going to?

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Well done Richi, great trip and report, wish I could have been there. How did the other guys do?

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

saturday as richie says was the day of all days with Stuart and Richie getting a fair few between them in the 25-35lb range. simon paddled around as usual unselfishly snapping and tagging and failed to catch (at least thats how it was told to me!) I joined the lads on Sunday and was the only one to catch , although the weather had deteriorated so the day was cut short. My fish was in the 30lb bracket and was caught on a spinning rod!! My tope rod was inactive so I was pinching a few bream on sandeel!! Took me around an hour to get the fish to the yak and i'll post a full write up when Simon (or his lad more likely!) emails me the photos he took :rolleyes: Was quite an adventure with simon at times reminding me of a seafaring Basil fawlty :D

need a few more of you lads with the topey avatars : ;)

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

Well done Richi and all,

Extraordinary trip and nice pics. :yeah: Busy making memories for tomorrow-good to see.

Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"