Good card player

chesters1

Heard a conversation on the bus starting ,"yoof" talking in loud enough voice to let japanese looking lady overhear.

Immigrants this immigrants that ,coming over taking our jobs etc (strangely at 10am why wasnt he and his mates at work?)

Lady obviously gets a little tired of hearing it and pipes up in perfect english without a hint of foreign accent "excuse me sonny how long have you been living here? "

"I'm 22 been here all me life born and bred here"

A few seconds pass (i presume he was looking smug at this point but we were waiting for the bus to stop so we could get off)

Lady "well sonny i have been living here 62 years i was born and bred here ,worked hard and retired early and probably paid more tax than you will ever earn"

Laughter and applause as we got off the bus ,good move and well timed .

No-one has problems with people who fit in and work hard those kids had a point but they took on the wrong person ,ofcourse the loud remarks were probably directed at the loud throat clearing nepalese ( no problem with them if they earned their "passage" but if the men were soldiers it must have been in the boer war !!) at the back but the lady must have thought it was directed at her.

We got off in guildford due to the uni you cant get much more a multi cultural town than that !

I left my mrs entrenched in a cafe while i went off to pick up some speakers i bought on ebay ,bus every ten minutes those townies dont know how lucky they are

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson