no license needed on private pool?

flank0

Nothing stopping you as a bailiff asking to see them as well.

Rob.

its none of my business if they have a licence or not (thats the EA's job) i check permits for the club for my permit not free work for the EA for bugger all. :rolleyes:

if the EA need extra help to enforce their tax then employ more agents or get rid of it like the dog licence :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there are grants in Devon for angling or whether it's incredibly popular with tourists or whether I've just hit two examples by blind luck:

http://www.warcombefarm.co.uk/devon-campsite.html

and then there is the other one I mentioned above near paignton....

As I said, I'd never heard of this before December last, and the EA's website isn't particularly clear about it. If you are buying a licence for a holiday as an occasional angler then perhaps this ought to be mentioned and even a list of proper approved venues provided online.

Ian W

its none of my business if they have a licence or not (thats the EA's job) i check permits for the club for my permit not free work for the EA for bugger all. :rolleyes:

if the EA need extra help to enforce their tax then employ more agents or get rid of it like the dog licence :D

Nice attitude, mate :( Licence fees go towards fisheries protection etc. So if you help them, they in turn can help us more.

Rob.

As I said, I'd never heard of this before December last, and the EA's website isn't particularly clear about it. If you are buying a licence for a holiday as an occasional angler then perhaps this ought to be mentioned and even a list of proper approved venues provided online.

Ian,

Could you post a link to the bit about it on the EA site, please?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just found another one, too:

http://www.moundsmere.co.uk/holidays.htm

I'm just emailing the EA's press liaison guy. Hopefully, he'll get back to us.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,Bewl Water used to have a "block rod licence" that would cover anyone buying a day ticket there.

UK Fishing,the buisness of tidal,estuary etc was covered quite recently.I think it was Leon? You need to have a Freshwater Rod Licence to catch freshwater fish even in brackish water.I seem to remember it was up to 6 miles out to sea? although I doubt that there are many roach that far out!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

This is what the EA says:

A Rod Licence is required when fishing for freshwater fish, eels, Salmon or Sea Trout anywhere in England or Wales and out to 6 miles at sea.

Any angler deemed to be fishing for these whether in marine, tidal or freshwater will need to ensure they are licenced for them, whether or not they have caught.

For enforcement, the Agency will consider whether the angler is fishing at a location and with a method liable to catch these species.

If so they will enforce the licence requirement.

Regards

William Fawcett

Environment Agency

Public Enquiries Co-ordinator

Head Office Operations, Executive Office

01454 624411

But there are exceptions for eel fishing in salt water according to the NFSA:

We the NFSA fought for years on this front, because as you rightly interperet there is no distinction in the Salmon and Freshwater Act 1975 between eels, Anguilla anguilla a or Conger conger caught in the sea or in fresh water.

However in July 1996 after much pressure from us, the EA secured a piece of legislation which in fact created Excusals from the Licensing of Eel fishing in tidal and Estuarial Waters in England and Wales.

These are predetermined lines set, where suitable, in most estuaries at the High Water Mark but others are at predetermined lines for each river and generally are where the salt water and freshwater meet and we have a list of these.

In practice this means that any angler fishing for eels in the sea will be excused the need for a licence.

I believe that the EA can issue 'Group' Rod licences whereby individual anglers do not have a licence to fish a specific place or event.

ie covers a specific (corporate?) event, or maybe a commercial water where holidaymakers can fish, or when fishing with a licensed coach.

The EA also usually operates a scheme during Angling Week whereby a licensed angler can introduce someone else to the sport during the week, when the newcomer doesn't need a licence.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I don't agree with the rod licence for under 16's to be honest - I don't think it encourages youngsters who I'd rather see fishing than hanging round street corners.

I also think the EA should introduce an extra rod supplement rather than having to have two licences to fish three rods.

Nice attitude, mate :( Licence fees go towards fisheries protection etc. So if you help them, they in turn can help us more.

Rob.

more? they have never helped meany!

if i had a puncture would they pop off down the pond to check permits for me,nope! therefore i shant return the favour :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I agree with Rob about rod licences for under 16 year olds.Surely the income lost by not charging them would be more than made up in the future as more would hopefully come in to and stay in the sport?

I too agree about the "extra rod stamp" It was a system that worked ok for many years for the regional water authorities so why not the EA?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!