Any news yet?

Steve Coppolo

Hi Steve

I can't see that a compromise will keep everybody happy. I think it will do the opposite and keep no one happy. The main gripe by the commercial sector has been that the French will continue to land 36cm bass while British fishermen won't be able to. That will hold true whether the MLS becomes 38, 40, 42 or 45cm. The difference is anything less than 45cm won't have the additional benefits as laid out by the science, ie, that most bass will have spawned before being landed at 45cm. Anything less than 45 and we won't get the sustainable fishery that we've been after.

hi steve

i agree with you on that one.

it looks like that it is going be done in staged increases on all in one go.

regards steve

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi steve

i agree with you on that one.

it looks like that it is going be done in staged increases on all in one go.

regards steve

I had thought that he may go for a staged increase. Not sure at the moment how I'd feel about that.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

some progress is better than none......... i think!

Depends what it is though Dale. A flat increase to 40cm, for example, would be a complete waste of time. A staged increase over two, (42cm this year and 45cm next year), or three years, (40cm this year, 43cm next year and 45cm the year after), might actually achieve something in the long run.

I still hope he goes for a straight increase to 45cm, but I can't see it happeneing.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.

ironically it will only benefit the south as it won't apply up here and boy do we need it.

Do you live in Scotland Dale?

If so, then contact Ian Burrell - I'm sure I saw a post a couple of weeks back, asking for suggestions for RSA issues to be raised. I'm sure he could do with some help.

I'm not sure if the BMP is being progressed North of the border, because the Scottish Parliament haven't held a public consultation, unlike Engalnd and Wales. They may just be saving themselves the expense of a consultation (canny Scots) and are awaiting the outcome of the 'Southern' consultations.

On the same subject - do you need any copies of the BMP and supporting literature Ian?

Cheers

Steve

Back to the original question. Any news yet?

How stupid of me. Of course there isn't, just more lies.

So the end of last week runs into the beginning of this week and still no announcement. I wonder when the next date for the announcement will be set for? It doesn't really matter I suppose because whenever it is, it won't be adhered to. Anyone other than a politician would get the sack for such incompetence.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.

Back to the original question. Any news yet?

How stupid of me. Of course there isn't, just more lies.

So the end of last week runs into the beginning of this week and still no announcement. I wonder when the next date for the announcement will be set for? It doesn't really matter I suppose because whenever it is, it won't be adhered to. Anyone other than a politician would get the sack for such incompetence.

6 other announcements today though Steve http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2006/index.htm :)

I do think you're blaming the wrong bloke - Defra are the problem - but most of us already knew that.

Edited by steve pitts

Just a read through those proposals etc. shot an email of in responce to the tope topic which was asking RSAs and conservation parties for their opinion, please note the invitation to reply was not extended to the commercial sector. :)

I have had many years of paper work and believe me the slightest slip in black and white can have one hell of a backlash. I fully understand the time span lets just hope they get it right.

PS. Today was one of them paperwork days VAT and three months of catch up due to new build, absolute murder. :headhurt:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

6 other announcements today though Steve http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2006/index.htm :)

I do think you're blaming the wrong bloke - Defra are the problem - but most of us already knew that.

Yes I've seen the other announcements today Steve, I've been watching the website all day. It was my understanding that DEFRA had given Bradshaw all the info he needed last week and he had already made his decision, last Wednesday night if what I'm being told is correct. So why is it taking so long for him to make the announcement?

Don't drink and drive.