HOW TO SIMPLY IMPROVE YOUR HOOKUP RATE

fishfingers

I was going to offer my spare Kayak to Fishfingers to use .So he could show us the ropes on how to Hook more bass on wire traces.

Looking at his Photo I thought he could also do with the excercise to get rid of that beer gut.I am not suprised he has that though.Seeing as he spends all day on the PC coppying and pasting to make a story up from other sites,just to post on here :yeah:

Zippy are you fishing tomorrow? I'm looking for somewhere to go with a mate who doesn't have a yak. We'd be happy to shore fish, but if you can supply the necessary spare gear I'll bring the beers :yeah: ...cheeky I know but I'm desperate. I promised my friend a day bass fishing and I haven't a clue where to go now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zippy are you fishing tomorrow? I'm looking for somewhere to go with a mate who doesn't have a yak. We'd be happy to shore fish, but if you can supply the necessary spare gear I'll bring the beers :yeah: ...cheeky I know but I'm desperate. I promised my friend a day bass fishing and I haven't a clue where to go now.

Hiya Paintfly.

I am on nights at work at the moment.Otherwise I would have loved to have gone.

If I was you I would have a go along the purbecks.Just travel light with plugs and spinners.You could try Chessil beach.But it will be packed with Holiday makers feathering for Mackrel.If you do go there use either live mackerel on a freeline with a 4/0 or 6/0 hook.Or try whole squid very close in(about 20-30 yards out)

Good luck m8 :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

Paintfly.

Why not take him behind Hurst on the Keyhaven marshes. Launch from Keyhaven fish the main channel out to the Solent. Use float and rag, fish as light as poss and then even the schoolies are interesting. Protected from SW wind with lots to see and explore. Also had Gars etc from there. Try the really shallow lagoon on the right just before the Castle. 3ft hook length and youwill be away without worrying about the weather. Just remember its on the edge of a nursery area so all need to go back and you can't deliberately target them or use sandeel :nono::P

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Paintfly.

Why not take him behind Hurst on the Keyhaven marshes. Launch from Keyhaven fish the main channel out to the Solent. Use float and rag, fish as light as poss and then even the schoolies are interesting. Protected from SW wind with lots to see and explore. Also had Gars etc from there. Try the really shallow lagoon on the right just before the Castle. 3ft hook length and youwill be away without worrying about the weather. Just remember its on the edge of a nursery area so all need to go back and you can't deliberately target them or use sandeel :nono::P

Thanks for the advice. But we will have to be fishing from the shore (or at least my mate will). Might head for Kimmeridge, at least I know where it is, and we could fish around the bay from the shore and take turns in the yak. :crazy::doh::rolleyes:

Mark, I believe every word and have had the pleasure of fishing with and against your Aunt Denise! A very good angler indeed.

Good man! Corroboration. Lets me off the hook so to speak!

Am I right in thinking that only skin divers have been taken in Natal? And swimmers of course. Dunno if i'd fancy taking a kayak out there but I seem to remember a lot of people doing it with paddle skis, which are a similar thing I guess.

Denise is my mums younger sister and my godmother. Micky was working for Safmarine when she started the business and I was working with her at the beginning - I was 18 and had just finished school. We also had a guy called Lance working on the boat as well (she just had the blue cat then). Wish I could get in touch with him again - he was a great laugh. I remember Lance was a damned good surf angler.

It's about time I came out again really, isnt it!! But my wife won't come as she is afraid of the massive spiders that are apparently there - not seen them myself, but your centipedes are way too large! I guess it's time I looked up my old photos again.

Edited to add - just seen a post you made re: fishing at Durban, hell, youy even reccomend Denise! Top man!

Edited by Mark Crame

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Mark, you are quite correct regarding the sharks, it is swimmers and spearos who are most at risk on the KZN coast. To date there have been no incidents with paddle skiers, fishing kayaks etc, although it pays to be cautious! Most of the attacks now happen in Cape waters and the following is from this mornings paper!

When a shark took a bite out of the surfski on which he was paddling during a training session with four friends, Fish Hoek lifesaver Lyle Maasdorp thought his friends were playing a trick on him.

Maasdorp, 19, said he had felt the rear of the surfski lift out of the water as they were a short distance from the Fish Hoek bay point on Friday. At first he thought one of his mates was nudging him.

Then he heard a crunching noise and fibreglass cracking - "like a car hitting another car".

"My ski started rising, as if it was coming down a wave, almost.

(The shark) took me up and out of the water and then brought the (surfski's) tail down hard and started thrashing around, trying to pull the tail under."

Maasdorp was intent on remaining seated on the surfski, but with its tail dragged under water and the seat submerged, he slipped out and wound up with his forearm on the shark's back.

He clambered back on and when it seemed the shark had left, he swam over to Anthony Pearse, a metre or two away. Pearse paddled the two of them about 130m to the rocks.

Although he was not afraid of going back into the water and had been for a short paddle on Sunday morning, Maasdorp said he would wait a few weeks before venturing near the point.

The surfski is too damaged to be fixed, so Maasdorp is to cut off the back half and mount it on his bedroom wall.

NSRI Simon's Town station commander Darren Zimmerman said Alison Kock, of the Shark Working Group, estimated that the culprit was a Great White shark about four metres long. The bite mark was about 40cm wide.

If ever you do decide to come back, (and please look me up) I wouldn't worry about the spiders! ;)

Conversation is the forerunner to conservation.

BLOODY HELL ! I go on holiday for one week and world war three breaks out :lol:

Anyway, here's a few piccies of my travels to the Lake District to calm some of you down, It really was quite peaceful up there :)

Image026.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image030.jpg

Image024.jpg

I did have a Pike of about the same size on the yak but it jumped back while I was getting my camera out, honest ! and another of 14lb when I didn't have the camera with me :angry:

Chill out :)

Stu.