HOW TO SIMPLY IMPROVE YOUR HOOKUP RATE

fishfingers

well done Nifty that's what we're lacking CATCH REPORTS hope you enjoyed your holiday mate----going night fishing with Darnsarf tonight looking for that elusive conger----any Tope at Tywyn yet Stu?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richi, I went a fortnight ago and never had a run, just loads of Bream but I am going to try again in the next week or so if you fancy. Good luck tonight, hope you get a nice 40lber.

Martin, Yep! the elusive Perch, Coniston is stuffed with them but they do seem to be a bit small on average so I'm going to try Llangorse again, Maybe tomorrow if I can get myself organised. I've got plenty of worms left. Give us a bell if you can make it :)

Stu.

Edited by nifty

I had 4 perch last time I went out, on a trolled floating Rapala. The pike didn't want to play. Hopefully the three days of rain and cooler weather will spice things up for tomorrow. Wind has dropped at last too so i may head oput to sea next week.

Interesting report Fin, not likely here thankfully!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Would love to Stu but unfortunately I've got to go to Wrexham Sun -Fri for an u13 cricket festival. Then I've been seconded down to Brecon for 8 days so yak opportunities look limited until he end of the month. Be nice to meet up with everyone for a last crack at the Tope maybe first weekend in Sept???

I've a fellow coach who I've discovered runs a bunkhouse in Talgarth , would be ideal for an Autumn Pike meet if theres enough interest.

Ok Prowler 13

first w/e in sept sounds good!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

1/2 lb Waveney perch today, my biggest ever. Caught on a Storm 4" Roach lure (very effective for perch and pike) while chucking it out from the kayak rather than trolling, which was a nightmare due to loads of floating weed bits. Temperature of the river seems to have dropped a lot this week so perhaps pike action should be on the up again.

Intrigued to what it'll be like to have a pike flopping around between my legs on the prowler.....

1/2 lb Waveney perch today, my biggest ever. Caught on a Storm 4" Roach lure (very effective for perch and pike) while chucking it out from the kayak rather than trolling, which was a nightmare due to loads of floating weed bits. Temperature of the river seems to have dropped a lot this week so perhaps pike action should be on the up again.

Intrigued to what it'll be like to have a pike flopping around between my legs on the prowler.....

ask Phooey he's your man!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Awww! Look at the liddle babby pike!!!

Jokes aside, thanks for that. What was it, about 6-8lb? I'm happy to start small on the the water! I got myself a smallish unhooking mat which will fit between my legs and slightly over so it doesn't bash itself on the hard plastic and cover me in Grimsby Make-up, so it shouldn't be too bad. Not really a problem with damaging my tackle either - today was my first time back in my kayak for two weeks following THAT operation.

Out tomorrow for most of the day with my brothers kids - with 3 Frenzy's thrashing around I doubt any self-respecting pike will come anywhere near me, so fingers crossed for the local Chav-Pike, all Burberry scales and no self-respect.

Check this link out of my brother, THAT is close! A hell of a story to getting that picture, far more exciting than the story about getting one out of the lake. http://business.edp24.co.uk/content/news/s...3A52%3A30%3A810