Favourite writers

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Steve Burke

Who are your favourite writers of fishing books and magazine articles and why?

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Don't know about you guys, but I've still got an old copy of The Guinness Guide To Saltwater Angling somewhere here that still gets referred to from time to time. Anyone know if this is still in print?

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Steve Burke

I don't do much sea fishing apart from mullet and the odd trip spinning for bass.

One of my favourite books was Bass and Mullet by Des Brennan in the long out of print Osprey series. I also like Sea Angling with the Baited Spoon by Sea Angler and again long out of print.

I've lent my sea fishing books to my Dad and he's just moved home so has them packed away. So I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the author who wrote an excellent book on bass just a few years ago. If someone jogs my memory it'll probably come back to me. No doubt Elton will tell you my poor memory is due to my advancing years!

Also see http://www.wildadv.com/disc2_frm.htm [/b]

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

Guest Steve Burke

I don't do much sea fishing except mulleting and the odd lure fishing trip for bass. However 2 of my favourite sea fishing books are both out of print now:

Bass & Mullet in the Osprey series by Des Brennan, & Sea Angling with the Baited Spoon by Sea Angler.

I've also enjoyed a recent excellent book on bass fishing that I've lent to my father. However for the time being I've forgotten its name. I'll post again when it comes to me. That young whippersnapper Elton will just say my poor memory is a by-product of my age!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

Guest Steve Burke

That bass book I mentioned earlier is Fishing for Bass, Strategy & Confidence by Mike Thrussel. Published in 1989 the ISBN ref is 0-7137-2051-4.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mark housby

Ever come acroos Trevor Housby, fishing writer/journalist in the 1970s. I'm trying to find some bibliographic info on him, date and place of birth etc.

Guest waterman1013

Hi Mark and guys

Trevor Housby wrote some great stuff. I've just been up to check my bookshelves and the follwingf title are there;

Sea Angling Around Britain ISBN 0 214 20259 3

When he was a charter skipper operating from Lymington.

The Art of Angling 1965

The Art of Sea Angling 1966 when he was a professional lobster fisherman in Hampshire (lymington?)

One of his hobbies was folk music.

The Rubby-Dubby Trail on shark fishing

SBN 85614 009 0

Trevor was born in Valetta, Malta and brought up in the west country. His early loves were "Moby Dick" and "The Old Man and the Sea".

Rock Fishing SBN 257.65025.3

Gravel Pit Fishing - not in my collection

Coarse Fishing Illustrated with Keith Linsell - not in my collection

Boat Fishing ISBN 0.214.65298.x

1971 when he was running a sea angling centre at Lymington.

That's all I have on him, so I hope it helps. When I was sea angling regularly I found his books really helpful, hence the small collection.

Mike Posted Image