Kayak trolley's

martylee

looks like box section which must be heavy and hammerite and a couple of golf trolly wheels must almost sink the yak probally doubles as a anchor as well :)

have you seen or handled one ? so how can you make the judgement on its weight or the type of wheels it has .it must almost sink the yak i think you must have a dodgey yak then send it back .at least before you make bold comments like that be sure you know what you are critisizing and know what you are saying is true .well have you seen one ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on guys, give ZEBRA a break, he's not someone trying to make a fast buck out of kayak fishermen, have never met him but seen plenty of postings on one of the other forums, and the guy has knowledge and a lot of passion for the sport.

There are plenty of products out there that deserve knocking so if you have first hand knowledge of a product and it's rubbish let everyone know, but try and get feedback from the distributor or manufacturer first, if they aren't any help, let us all know.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Come on guys, give ZEBRA a break, he's not someone trying to make a fast buck out of kayak fishermen, have never met him but seen plenty of postings on one of the other forums, and the guy has knowledge and a lot of passion for the sport.

There are plenty of products out there that deserve knocking so if you have first hand knowledge of a product and it's rubbish let everyone know, but try and get feedback from the distributor or manufacturer first, if they aren't any help, let us all know.

SM :)

Starvin, I respect you above many others for what you have done for our sport and hobby, all i'm asking is to be put right, give Zebra a break? sorry.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

thanks starvin /prowler

to put an end to this (its not fair to be arguing on this forum it does not help anybody) if you have handled /or seen / have first hand knowlege of any product by all means if theirs a problem say it let us all know about the problem .i have no problem at all with anybody making critisism of this trolly as long as they have seen or handled or used it .but to critisize and make such bold statememts from a short ebay add is wrong .i did not name any other trollys (i have bought many over the years )i think the c-tug is great but i also think it is a lot of money for a trolly (many people dont have £85/90 to spend on a trolly after they have bought the yak. this trolly was designed (by me )and manufactured by me the wheels were specially cast i own the mold for this particular wheels used. it was designed to be an affordable trolly at £40.00 .the people who have them now have nothing but praise for them.i think it is unfair to critisize any product without first handeling or seeing it .

My questions.

Zebra please can you give the exact tested criteria so as not to get missunderstood.

1. Weight ?

2. Loading weight maximum?

3. Microns of coating

4. Anti rust guarantee period

5. Full manufacturers waranty period

6. Size width

7. size base clearance

8. Clearance for keel

9. Securing method and if supplied with trolley

10. Construction material

11. Axel material and fixing

12. collapsability

Plus any other information usefull to a buyer.

If this information is given then no mistake or missinterpritation of a vague nature would be taken.

We all haved opinions, and only ask for exact data so that a fair and true feeling can be taken.

One does not have to own anything to make a first impression. who actually bought a squarial for sky?

Someone needs to drop a hint on that seller to make the item descriptions more descriptive. eBay doesn't charge for the length of the description and more info is always better than less. Also, using photobucket.com for hosting photos allows any number of them to be placed in an ebay listing at no charge to the lister and that one could have done with a few more photos.

Note to Zebra - is the similarity between your posting name and the ebay user ID an indication that you are connected with that listing? If so and if having the description posted here bothers you, send a PM and I'll remove it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

martylee - your question was a good one and the fact that this thread has turned rather strange is not your doing.

All - I think this is the first topic in the kayak section I've ever had to moderate. It is now missing a good few posts. It is a valid topic and can use some genuine discussion so I'll let it run for now (albeit, with some missing drek).

I do find it interesting that the one member who has used the device says he likes it and that post seems to have been completely ignored.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

martylee - your question was a good one and the fact that this thread has turned rather strange is not your doing.

All - I think this is the first topic in the kayak section I've ever had to moderate. It is now missing a good few posts. It is a valid topic and can use some genuine discussion so I'll let it run for now (albeit, with some missing drek).

I do find it interesting that the one member who has used the device says he likes it and that post seems to have been completely ignored.

Thanks Newt,

That's what I thought! :thumbs:

Malibu 2

I was a bit reluctant to get involved the way the thread was developing, but for what it's worth, after buying the yak & forking our for allsorts, funds were rather low. I bought a secound hand golf trolley and hacked it down (good wheels ;) ) but found it a totally risky business going over anything but flat areas :unsure: , so heard about Zebra's trolley, :) , yep some reservations, but as I said above - You's get what you pay for.

I've used the Eckla Canoe Trolley 2 or 3 times (kind assistance from John Legg), that's good but with a fully loaded Malibu 2 it feels less solid (though lighter obviously when when stashed on-board), than Zebra's. Pulling over rocks, soft sand, loose pebbles the wide wheels pay off.

Down side is that it doesn't stand up on it's own - I solved that with a bit of dowling and a peice of elasticated rope (took 5 mins), and the rust thing - well, time will tell.

I was glad he went to the trouble of trying to come up with a solution to providing a cheaper alternative to the expensive trolleys out there. I know he'd be up for "constructive" critism. Seems to me you put Kayak or Marine in front of anything and the price goes up by 25% (or more) by default!

Anyways - to you guys down south, watch out, coming to cornwall to catch some of your bass! :sun:

Malibu 2