Cuttle Mill

thomas11

Can anyone give me any info on Cuttle Mill in Sutton Coldfield? All info welcome, where to fish what tactics to use etc...

Cheers guys

I fish there quite regular. Website is www.cuttle-mill.com

Lots of info, galleries, etc.

Beds of bait are spooking the fish at the moment.

Pellet hookbaits are doing well.

Move your hookbaits around your swim every hours or so. Cast to jumping fish.

Simple rigs, 8 inch hooklenghs with 2-2.5 leads. Feather your cast and feel the lead down.

That should get you some :-D

Lee.

Cheers mate... I went there on Monday gone and had a great day.

We were lucky and got peg 16 which meant both me and my son got to fish together.

Great day but no fish :schmoll: Nobody had a touch all day actually but thats fishing for you!

The guys running it are spot on and very friendly. Will defo go back in the near future!

Marvelous looking water as well :rolleyes:

A 35+ came out the evening before so I think we got the wrong day!

Glad you enjoyed the place. It has a certain something :-D

I'm on there Friday and can't wait.

I went last Fri and had a 20lb 8oz mirror and a 13.5lb common by moving swims after the 8am re-draw. On some carpcraftbaits boilies. Boilies do work, but as hookbaits only at the moment I think.

It can have its off days, but mostly good days. As you say, wrong day that's all. Don't forget to stalk next time too if you get a chance.

Lee.

Glad you enjoyed the place. It has a certain something :-D

I'm on there Friday and can't wait.

I went last Fri and had a 20lb 8oz mirror and a 13.5lb common by moving swims after the 8am re-draw. On some carpcraftbaits boilies. Boilies do work, but as hookbaits only at the moment I think.

It can have its off days, but mostly good days. As you say, wrong day that's all. Don't forget to stalk next time too if you get a chance.

Lee.

I loved the place and can not wait to get back there...

Good luck on the Friday...

How do you get on with barbless hooks on there?