FEDERATIONS, CLUBS, AND SOCIETIES

Guest toplessfishing

Me too..Kilsyth Fish Protection ....use the Kilsyth Flea.....as Peter Anderson says... :D ....go out and fish......lots of smashing trips....got there own water too...Banton Loch..... :thumbs::thumbs:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Leon.

Better to save my money for now and get the clubs information emailed to me. Then if at some time in the future im happier about the nfsa I will part with dosh.

Its a strange one that leon. They need more members so really need to get the message and their information out yet you can only get the message and information if you join. I offered to post NFSA info on my website, blog and forum for Sam Harris. Ive never heared from him since. (not a massive audiance but Ive had 2000 hits in 3 weeks on the blog) Chicken and egg I think..

Even Defra are giving information out to Anglers now. I regulally get emails and a copy of that electronic newsletter.

Edited by glennk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

SACN

Only joined recently due to not knowing a great deal about who they were. I'm sure the new website is going to give a boost to membership and further highlight important issues. Regular emails sent out keeping members in the picture. Sign up for free.

Bass Anglers' Sportfishing Society

BASS

Not long been a member but very impressed with what I've seen so far. Excellent mag produced four times a year (worth the £18 membership alone), the new members forum is well supported, informative and packed with healthy debate. Very welcoming to new members. Big thumbs up here!

Save Our Sharks

SOS

A recently formed group dedicated to the protection of Sharks and Rays. With the Tope consultation well underway, click on the link above for useful information in putting together a letter of response. Free to join, get on it!

Bailiwick Bass Club

A Guernsey based Bass fishing club. Host a cracking comp each year. The only downside to this club being that their early season 3 day competition renders me a virtual insomniac for the rest of the year. (Explains why I am typing this at 2.30am :rolleyes: )

Not a member yet but worth a look......

The Countryside Alliance

CA

£39 to join, so pretty steep. Judging by their press release concerning the 'fudged' BMP, they talk my language. If I get home in time I'll be calling them Monday. Look out for more info next week.

I have been a member of others but subsequently decided not to rejoin. Judging by current form my decision was the right one. :(

Bass Anglers' Sportfishing Society

BASS

Not long been a member but very impressed with what I've seen so far. Excellent mag produced four times a year (worth the £18 membership alone), the new members forum is well supported, informative and packed with healthy debate. Very welcoming to new members. Big thumbs up here!

I have glanced through a few of their magazines, and to be honist they are mainly fly and lure anglers.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Gawd, Sorry chaps,,Forgot all about SOS, member of that too......

Wonder where I find the time to go fishing, what with all those things I'm a member of.... :D:D

But they all in their own different ways, have our best interests at heart...... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

C.I.U. member for 38 years.They help me to get :drunk::drunk: on the odd occasion :sun:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Having only recently joined Sam, all I can comment on is the most recent issue of the magazine.

There's 5 pages concerning Fly and Lure fishing to the exclusion of other methods. 3 of these cover a report on Norwegian Bass angling where artificials reign supreme.

Although reference is made to Fly and Lure fishing elsewhere, it is in addition to traditional baitfishing methods. :)

Norrie, how on earth did you forget SOS.....Mr Burrett will have your guts for garters and your ballbag for a sporran! :D

Edited by Sharkbyte

I have found that you can not join bass on-line, a cheque has to sent.

I would join now if it was easyer.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!