One for The Cat

Guest toplessfishing

Guest toplessfishing

I have been posting here for a few days now, and feel I have grasped the general ambience of the place.

I wonder what opinions are about the taking of fish for the cat.

Tinned cat food is full of rubbish and to be honest fresh fish even pouting are far butter for a cat’s health.

Cat food that is good for a cat is very expensive, and I suspect that the making of this feline fodder does more harm to the environment than me taking a few small pout home for tibby.

My cat is particularly partial to flounders; I get great pleasure in catching these for him. To make it even more cost effective I use garden worms straight from my vegetable patch. They do not make good eating so I don’t mind feeding them to my cat.

In the autumn I use four hooks on French booms with small hooks, some times I can catch twenty or thirty whiting, pout, and codling in one evenings fishing. I freeze these on greaseproof paper in layers in my chest freezer. Then when I need to feed my cat I just snap two off and microwave them until they are cooked. Then its easy to get the bones out.

To me feeding myself and my animals on what I catch brings me closer to nature, a kind of at peace with the world.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been posting here for a few days now, and feel I have grasped the general ambience of the place.

Tinned cat food is full of rubbish and to be honest fresh fish even pouting are far butter for a cat’s health.

Cat food that is good for a cat is very expensive, and I suspect that the making of this feline fodder does more harm to the environment than me taking a few small pout home for tibby.

My cat is particularly partial to flounders; I get great pleasure in catching these for him. To make it even more cost effective I use garden worms straight from my vegetable patch. They do not make good eating so I don’t mind feeding them to my cat.

In the autumn I use four hooks on French booms with small hooks, some times I can catch twenty or thirty whiting, pout, and codling in one evenings fishing. I freeze these on greaseproof paper in layers in my chest freezer. Then when I need to feed my cat I just snap two off and microwave them until they are cooked. Then its easy to get the bones out.

To me feeding myself and my animals on what I catch brings me closer to nature, a kind of at peace with the world.

:clap2: Not a problem to me as long as you stick to the DEFRA size limits. :clap2:

Hi Toplessfishing

nothing better than feeding your cat on fresh fish, tinned cat food is made from sandeels and three inch cod.

I feed my cat and dog on fresh tope just boil it, scape the meat off the backbone into there bowls, no bones to pick out, and they go mad for it

regards steve

My cat would kill you for a pout. We microwave them (big old grandaddy ones) minus the head and guts. 2 mins pull the backbone out and stir it up. But they don't half STINK. I can't do one for the cat first thing in the morning.fart.gif

you must be avin a tin bath!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

i've found the best thing to feed the cats that shite in my garden is crushed dried starfish mixed in with a wee bit kattomeat with a little saucer of car anti freezer on the side :clap2:

funny, i never seem to see the same cat in my garden twice :unsure:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif