One for The Cat

Guest toplessfishing

My Dogue De Bordeaux likes (or did) pussy cats for dinner ;-)

On a seroius note, look at what they do to local garden wildlife. I had Blue Tits fledge in my garden only to see the whole lot eradicated by a bleedin cat. A .410 springs to mind.... :angry:

:clap2: A .22 is much quieter and very effective at a longer range. :clap2:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of a story a mate of mine told me about when he used to work for a major train manufacturer, apparently according to my friend (a senior engineer now retired)they used to test the windscreens of high speed trains by fireing defrosted chickens at them from an enormous cannon type device (mythbuster fans may have already heard of this in that when they first obtained said cannon they forgot to defrost the frozen chickens and it caused greater than expected damage).Anyway apparently one day having set up the cannon for a test firing the engineers decided that as it was close to dinnertime that they would go to lunch and leave it rigged and fire it after they got back.however while at lunch the factory cat apparently climbed into the barrel of the cannon tempted by the chicken it had seen or smelt being put there, so that when the engineers returned and fired the chicken gun it wasn't only the chicken that impacted the windshield but the factory cat as well ! How true this story is i'm unsure but my friend insists he was there and i have no personnel reason to disbelieve him. he did say that afterwards safety checks were tightened to ensure no "foreign" objects got into the barrel again.

It appears there are not too many cat lovers on AN then :):)

In these conservation minded times and all this bag limit talk I am proposing a bag limit on cats hunted for sport of say.... twenty. I also propose a total ban on commercial fishing for catfood. These measures will go a long way in helping the recovery plans for the nations fish stocks.

Havent read all the posts and have come in at the end (as usual!) but for what its worth I'd rather take an unreturnable fish home for the cat than throw it away, anyway the cat would never manage a whole bass the size I catch!! ;) ;)

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com