Which quick errect Brolly/Bivvy for £100.

Hewey

Day sessions? I use a 45-inch standard brolly from Argos; about £15. Proofed with Nyloproof, I think it's called. It won't suit those to whom "looking the part" is important, but for those who merely require a sunshade/wind-break/rain-shelter, and don't care about their bankside "cred", it's ideal. Can be dismantled in seconds, too, so doesn't inhibit me from moving swims. And because it's cheap, I don't worry about forcing it in small gaps where it gets raked by thorns, etc.

Cannot fault both the JRC steath brolly and the Trakker A alite. I have had my JRC brolley for about 4 years now, it is a little worn and battered but have used it in all conditions.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ve got the Trakker A-lite, superb system which has seen hot weather and torrential downpours without a single drop getting through. I can`t fault it

Did you add the wrap to the A- lite ? I found the a lite to be more like a 1 1/2 man bivvy than a 1 man once the wrap is thrown over.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

• 4 years later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I just noticed it gets a few hits, so this guide to Day Shelters may be of help:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/buyer-guide/da...g-shelters.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i would say i got my bivvy for £100 it's a tf gear force 8 2 man bivvy, second from the bay, at first i got **** off with it, now i love it after putting it up and down a lot of the time and learning it properly, nice and tall wide and it's large i can get it set up from the bag with in 40secs, then put the pegs in then it takes about 60secs in total

I use a JRC stealth brolley and never had a problem, I also use the stealth brolley plus that has the zip on front - never had a problem.

I have used both for both day sessions and allnighters.

For allnighters during the summer the stealth is fine but for spring / autumn I prefer using the plus with the front on.

You can also get an overwrap if you want any of them all year round.

If you do a search on here you will find several reports on the stealth plus.

Cant belive I am still using the stealth plus with nor problems.

It will be getting a reproofing with the same stuff I use on my Kyham tourer tent as will my lightweight shaky match brolley that leaks like a sieve!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!