Tywyn Tope Meet Part 2

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#11 richi

richi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Interests:kayak fishing,reggae music,kayak fishing!

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

fingers crossed - looks spot on!

http://www.metcheck....p?zipcode=Tywyn

I'll bet there's quite a few people with their fingers crossed Martin---the anticipation is killing me!

Hey Darnsarf the last time we went there were loads of mullet in the estuary :thumbs:
Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW
previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5
longest paddle:65 miles
top speed under sail 11.1mph

#12 Martin Hurst

Martin Hurst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Fishing , Soccer , cricket and rugby League

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

indeed cant wait :rolleyes: Permission granted by er indoors in exchange for a shopping trip to Chester :angry: Is this a saturday sunday fish with people travelling up Friday or are we having a dabble on the Friday as Well?

Does anyone know an online supplier for the .75kg anchors? Can only find the 1.5 kg ones ?

off to hereford 2morro to look for some of those little telephone wire clippy things you use richi - fed up of dropping my scissors overboard!
Ok Prowler 13

#13 Simon Everett

Simon Everett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing and lure fishing

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

Can't do 9th (Seaquest kayak race - covering it for Canoe & Kayak) 10th is Streetfighters Day at Preece cafe. That is the trouble with being such a prositute!

The 7th & 8th I am in North Wales for the conger though - and some bass/pollock etc possibly some big tope if the weather alows us out to that mark - wind direction is the key.

When are you coming up here for the conger Richi?
October doesn't look too bad - 7th & 8th? Possibly a kayak get together at a beach in the North sector - or the following weekend. Still awaiting feedback from those going.
Simon Everett
Staffordshire.
Fishing kayaks:
White& Orange Dorado
Olive Scupper Pro
Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks
Red White Skua
White & Orange Duo

#14 Moonyaker

Moonyaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Skiing, cooking, photography

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

Here you go Martin

Anchors a plenty plus lots of other useful stuff on this site too.

http://www.marine-ha...nchors_198.html

Moonyaker
KAYAKS:
* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)
* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

#15 richi

richi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

Can't do 9th (Seaquest kayak race - covering it for Canoe & Kayak) 10th is Streetfighters Day at Preece cafe. That is the trouble with being such a prositute!

The 7th & 8th I am in North Wales for the conger though - and some bass/pollock etc possibly some big tope if the weather alows us out to that mark - wind direction is the key.

When are you coming up here for the conger Richi?
October doesn't look too bad - 7th & 8th? Possibly a kayak get together at a beach in the North sector - or the following weekend. Still awaiting feedback from those going.

Hi Simon, was hoping to be able to fish the conger mark between11th-14th sept the week after you and DB (try to remember the conversation that we had about it in Port Eynon!) me and Phooey have both booked a week off work for it---shame you can't make the Tope meet I've just seen it on the news that the w/e of the 9th will have the highest Spring tide for 20 years---could you make the 11th at Tywyn? now theres a thought!---I reckon we're going to have a helluva weeks fishing :thumbs:

Hi Martin, me and Phooey will be travelling up on fri ready to fish sat---if you can't get hold of the telephone wire thingys(I think they are meant for jetski keys,I bought them at the local chandlers)give me a shout before this Sunday morning and I'll pick you up as many as you want and bring them to Tywyn with me

HI Moonyaker, I believe a thankyou is in order that is if they came from you-----are you up for a bit of Toping too?It was a great crack last time :thumbs:

Edited by richi, 30 August 2006 - 07:23 PM.

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

#16 Martin Hurst

Martin Hurst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:16 PM

Thanks Moonyaker. :sun:
Ok Prowler 13

#17 Simon Everett

Simon Everett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing and lure fishing

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:19 PM

Thanks Richi - I am SO glad that you are keeping my diary for me!

I have put 12 - 14 in it, I have a job on the 11th but it is rain permitting - in that if there is any I won't be doing it. So can sort something out.

There is a tope mark close to where we are going for the conger - so if it is fine you could get a couple of big fish in the one day......! If you can get crabs there are also some big smoothound, but for obvious reasons i am not posting where this is - last time the spurdogs and smoothies were long lined out and they still haven't recovered. It is going to take another 20 years to see them come back.
Simon Everett
Staffordshire.
Fishing kayaks:
White& Orange Dorado
Olive Scupper Pro
Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks
Red White Skua
White & Orange Duo

#18 richi

richi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Richi - I am SO glad that you are keeping my diary for me!

I have put 12 - 14 in it, I have a job on the 11th but it is rain permitting - in that if there is any I won't be doing it. So can sort something out.

There is a tope mark close to where we are going for the conger - so if it is fine you could get a couple of big fish in the one day......! If you can get crabs there are also some big smoothound, but for obvious reasons i am not posting where this is - last time the spurdogs and smoothies were long lined out and they still haven't recovered. It is going to take another 20 years to see them come back.

:clap2: :fishing1: :wiggle: need I say more?
Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

#19 Martin Hurst

Martin Hurst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

anyone else? B)
Ok Prowler 13

#20 snakey1

snakey1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

Me and captain fishyfinger will be in tywyn from the 8th through to the 17th of sept breaking in the new prowler elites (in my case possibly quite literally) so we may well see you guys there :D