Tywyn Tope Meet Part 2

richi

Time to be cheeky :headhurt: Does anyone coming up have a rivette gun? Got the rivettes and the cleats for port and starboard cleats (Anchor trolley) but not a clue what to do with them!! :mellow: Do I need a drill? Thats not a problem!!

sorry Martin can't help you there,I used wellnuts on all my fittings,don't despair though mate I'm sure one of the lads will have one :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to be cheeky :headhurt: Does anyone coming up have a rivette gun? Got the rivettes and the cleats for port and starboard cleats (Anchor trolley) but not a clue what to do with them!! :mellow: Do I need a drill? Thats not a problem!!

your welcome to stop of in borth on your way up and use my workshop

Good luck this weekend, I can't make it but will be there w/e 23/24 sept.

As Simon says the tides will be huge so please take care when going over the top of the reef especially mid-tide as there will be a big swell caused by the tidal flow even if theres no wind.

Tomcat

Yes, I can bring mine - but be advised - use NUTS & BOLTS for anchor trolley cleats - they take a hammering and rivetts simply pull out - how do I know ?.....yeah I did :(

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Yes, I can bring mine - but be advised - use NUTS & BOLTS for anchor trolley cleats - they take a hammering and rivetts simply pull out - how do I know ?.....yeah I did :(

You want "peel rivets" Martin, thats what I use and they wont come out!!! Even used them on my lifting handles and are secure and solid as a rock! :)

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Blimey Phooey, you using them to open your bottles of beer, I agree the rotating cam cleat needs bolting, but the left and right cleats shouldn't be in any undue strain, rivets should be fine.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Just been looking at the tides for this weekend and reading a few web pages!! As stated it appears that we dont really want to be on the reef mid tide (???). so I suppose the best and safest time will be to try for the Tope 2 hours before and after HW or Low water. Is this right? I know the ebb is best . The rest of the time can be spent as SE suggested closer inshore after the spikey ones. Await the comments of the more experienced :blink:

Ok Prowler 13

Do you ever see any porpoises or dolphins when you're fishing off Tywyn? Several people have told me that quite a large number of mackeral have actually gone into the Broadwater in the last two years, it seems they are seeking refuge from mammalian attacks!

I didn't see them but Nifty's pal did the 2nd trip there this year :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph