Tywyn Tope Meet Part 2

richi

They are looking at dredging the lake silt but unless they can put it on fields locally ( they have to get the EA to agree the land is nutrient impovished) then it would need to go to landfill @£25 a ton i believe. Lake would also need fully drained and rainfall would take ages to refill. Max depth I found was 4ft 4 and 2 ft 6 in most parts!!

Not looking good IMHO. I reckon its the golf clubs fault with nitrates coming down the hills but that will not be a popular opinion!

You could well be right with the golf club(I know well what get's dumped out onto the course), at the end of the day there is only one way for the water to go from there and that is down towards the lake, has it been a case of the council draggin their heels in trying to get things moving to find out what the issue is, or is it a case of there is/was nothing that could have been done?

Kayak: Tarpon 140 (Camo)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Packed and ready to go. :P

What have I forgotten?

the hat :rolleyes:

I'll be setting off from London at midday

should be at the campsite before 6

see you tomorrow mate :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

nice one marc see you there :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph