SEPTEMBER TORBAY FISHING TRIP

ChrisW

Hi Rob,

I am looking forward to it. I have both dates in the diary, so the Mrs can't complain!!

How did you get on in the fishing festival?

See you soon,

Dave

HI Dave good to hear you are fishing :) had a good week but nothing to weigh in, fished for bass the whole week i will put a report and pics up ASAP :thumbs:

anglersnetsig.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

The two weekends in September for the above will be either 23rd/24th or 30th/1st. Now it is very likely the actual day will be a Sunday as one or two of the guys down this end work on a Saturday. The final choice of which weekend will depend on tides and weather thats the best I can do at the moment. Anybody is welcome even newbies (so to speak).

Rob if you would like to thrash out a venue in the Torbay area with the other guys down there just let us know on here along with parking ect if poss :)

Please anybody interested in joining us drop me a PM with a contact number or just leave a message on this notice and I will get back to you. I would not advise leaving a contact number unless you can PM it as you dont know what weird people may get hold of it.

Thanks all,

ChrisW

Chris,

I had previously said that I'd like to join in, but cannot, because I'm away on holiday for both weeks.

Maybe next time.

I'd like to hear how you got on though - will you do a short report ?

Good hunting.

PaigntonBaz

Hi guys,

The two weekends in September for the above will be either 23rd/24th or 30th/1st. Now it is very likely the actual day will be a Sunday as one or two of the guys down this end work on a Saturday. The final choice of which weekend will depend on tides and weather thats the best I can do at the moment. Anybody is welcome even newbies (so to speak).

Rob if you would like to thrash out a venue in the Torbay area with the other guys down there just let us know on here along with parking ect if poss :)

Please anybody interested in joining us drop me a PM with a contact number or just leave a message on this notice and I will get back to you. I would not advise leaving a contact number unless you can PM it as you dont know what weird people may get hold of it.

Thanks all,

ChrisW

hello chrisw

tempted by your offer for noobs i fish the teignmouth area for bass but always looking for new venues i cant anchor at the moment but if your drift fishing i would be happy to tag along if you dont mind what bait are you using?

Hi all,

Ok the details are as follows, The venue is going to be Brixham the reason being easy launching and landing right next to the carpark and refreshments are available if anybody needs a coffee (now I wonder who that could be). They are a choice of fishing spots ranging from sheltered harbour, rock and deep water all within easy paddling and its all close to shore. The bait being the most popular is live shrimp/prawn which we float and freeline and they will no doubt be some available on the day to anyone who cannot source any (Thanks Rob) but please if you can get your own then do so as they will be a limited amount not saying that other baits will not work.

As for parking you will need to go into Brixham, past the harbour and down to the lower coach car park (cant remember what it called???) I will be coming from Exeter so if anybody wants to meet me on the way and to follow me down thats fine just let me know.

I belive the high tide is approx 7:30am so we will be looking at launching at proberly around 6am for those who can rise early so we can fish the tide in.

If anbody requires any more details just post them on this notice so everybody can read them.

Sorry you cant make it Paignton Baz have a safe and enjoyable holiday they will always be another time and yes they will be a report posted on the trip.

Rob if you want to add anything be my guest.

ChrisW

Edited by ChrisW

hello chrisw

tempted by your offer for noobs i fish the teignmouth area for bass but always looking for new venues i cant anchor at the moment but if your drift fishing i would be happy to tag along if you dont mind what bait are you using?

Hi Headshine,

Dont worry about not being able to anchor just bring a length of rope with you as they are plenty of bouys to tie up too.

ChrisW

Hi all,

Ok the details are as follows, The venue is going to be Brixham the reason being easy launching and landing right next to the carpark and refreshments are available if anybody needs a coffee (now I wonder who that could be). They are a choice of fishing spots ranging from sheltered harbour, rock and deep water all within easy paddling and its all close to shore. The bait being the most popular is live shrimp/prawn which we float and freeline and they will no doubt be some available on the day to anyone who cannot source any (Thanks Rob) but please if you can get your own then do so as they will be a limited amount not saying that other baits will not work.

As for parking you will need to go into Brixham, past the harbour and down to the lower coach car park (cant remember what it called???) I will be coming from Exeter so if anybody wants to meet me on the way and to follow me down thats fine just let me know.

I belive the high tide is approx 7:30am so we will be looking at launching at proberly around 6am for those who can rise early so we can fish the tide in.

If anbody requires any more details just post them on this notice so everybody can read them.

Sorry you cant make it Paignton Baz have a safe and enjoyable holiday they will always be another time and yes they will be a report posted on the trip.

Rob if you want to add anything be my guest.

ChrisW

species you can find in the harbour and around the area, so you can sort out bait you need......Bass, mac, gar, wrasse, mullet, Pollock, dabs, gurnard, plaice, lsd's huss, pout, cole fish, conger.

Not all of the species can be caught in the harbour but most can. Like Chris said I will collect as many prawns as I can this week so there will be some available on the day but please feel free to use whatever bait you want and fish in what ever way you like.

Car Park Charges http://www.torbay.gov.uk/print/car-park-charges.pdf please note the best way to do this is get there before 7 am and it will only cost £1 up to 10 am then we normaly paddle back for a top up :)

please see the launch slipway as modeld by our very own (from left to right) chinny1 & chinny 2 good on ya lads :yeah:

kayakfishingBrixhamHarbour20-08-200.jpg

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg

Hi Headshine,

Dont worry about not being able to anchor just bring a length of rope with you as they are plenty of bouys to tie up too.

ChrisW

thanks chrisw

nice early start for me living in weston. as for shrimps we only see them in a dodgy curry so sourcing them could be a problem i was wondering if crabs any good down your neck of the woods, i can get worm easy but find this time of the year devon is infested with crabs (of the saltwater variety)so i think using them would be useless

headshine

species you can find in the harbour and around the area, so you can sort out bait you need......Bass, mac, gar, wrasse, mullet, Pollock, dabs, gurnard, plaice, lsd's huss, pout, cole fish, conger.

Not all of the species can be caught in the harbour but most can. Like Chris said I will collect as many prawns as I can this week so there will be some available on the day but please feel free to use whatever bait you want and fish in what ever way you like.

Car Park Charges http://www.torbay.gov.uk/print/car-park-charges.pdf please note the best way to do this is get there before 7 am and it will only cost £1 up to 10 am then we normaly paddle back for a top up :)

please see the launch slipway as modeld by our very own (from left to right) chinny1 & chinny 2 good on ya lads :yeah:

kayakfishingBrixhamHarbour20-08-200.jpg

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to it. I'll be there early to catch the high tide.

Rob - I'll try and get some prawns this week, but can I swap some ragworm / sandeel if I can't? as I am in Hampshire with work till Friday.

How many of us are going?

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton