naming kayaks

nomoretequila

in an attempt to get my number of posts up to the required level, and because it's raining here again and I am being a wuss and not going out paddling I got to thinking about naming. The question is - do you need to name your kayak. My friend's sister says yes and that mine should be called Tits Tanic (but then she also said I should name a Rib ribosaurus rex so I'm not sure about her thought processes). I was thinking "sunrise" or maybe satan f*ck pig b*stard wave raper.

anyone else sitting around waiting for the rain to stop and want to join in this silliness?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naming your kayak can be good fun and giving it a truely silly name may seem like a great idea at the time but remember you will have to use your kayaks name when identifying yourself to the coastguard with a VHF radio in a case of emergency or if contacting other vessels and also if you complete the coastguards CG66 form there is a requirement for the vessels name.So naming your kayak "mighty penis" may sound fine to you but when you have to broadcast it to everyone listening on channel 16 they may just think you are a right one. :lol::lol:

in an attempt to get my number of posts up to the required level, and because it's raining here again and I am being a wuss and not going out paddling I got to thinking about naming. The question is - do you need to name your kayak. My friend's sister says yes and that mine should be called Tits Tanic (but then she also said I should name a Rib ribosaurus rex so I'm not sure about her thought processes). I was thinking "sunrise" or maybe satan f*ck pig b*stard wave raper.

anyone else sitting around waiting for the rain to stop and want to join in this silliness?

How old are you NMT?

Naming your kayak can be good fun and giving it a truely silly name may seem like a great idea at the time but remember you will have to use your kayaks name when identifying yourself to the coastguard with a VHF radio in a case of emergency or if contacting other vessels and also if you complete the coastguards CG66 form there is a requirement for the vessels name.So naming your kayak "mighty penis" may sound fine to you but when you have to broadcast it to everyone listening on channel 16 they may just think you are a right one. :lol::lol:

Those who know me already think I am a right one! I have had more experience than most when it comes to identifying a vessel in an emergency (then in the local press and the court case where the other driver was prosecuted). the name I had chosen: Howling Mad. My next two boats were called Just Sapphire and Momentary Lapse.

but then this isn't meant to be a serious post :lol:

Those who know me already think I am a right one! I have had more experience than most when it comes to identifying a vessel in an emergency (then in the local press and the court case where the other driver was prosecuted). the name I had chosen: Howling Mad. My next two boats were called Just Sapphire and Momentary Lapse.

but then this isn't meant to be a serious post :lol:

Yeah, like I said

Kid alert! :busted_cop:

Last post on the subject, good luck to ya though son, just watch the language etc :rolleyes:

SDD~~~~~~~ :sun:

Love to - but it's a hell of a paddle from where I am, and it's still raining.

Plus you have to be 18!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Martin, get up here again and the beers are on me :) Surely you must have a rellie thing that you can come up for :fishing:

Although you might wanna wait till it s calmer ha ha :cold:

SDD~~~~~ :sun: