check out my blog and leave feedback please (:

adsangling

A lot of effort has gone into that, well done! Good to see a blog about general coarse fishing.

I found it easy to navigate with the menu on the right and was impressed with the variety of different subjects, you’ve got your work cut out to keep that up. Most of the articles are very well presented but some are typed in uppercase only (barbel session) and that makes it look like you’re shouting, you could re-do those. The hook tying photos are out of focus, readers will want to see the knots clearly as well as read about them so maybe you could look at that too.

All in all though very good….a lot better than I could do.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

thankyou for the advice :) im going to go through it all and edit everything and replace some of the pictures soon, i have loads planned for the blog and hopefully have plenty of videos hitting youtube soon im currently waiting on an action camera arriving,

i dont supose you would be intersted in sending me catch reports and catch pictures would you? im going to start doing a regular monthly news and catches page on there to get other people involved :) thanks adam

Not a lot to add to Rusty's comments above; other than; it's advisable to insert a blank line between each paragraph which makes it a lot easier to read.

If the average reader is presented with a huge block of text they tend to skip through the text and can often lose track of where they are; and usually they don't read everything and it can actually make reading it all a little tedious.

By breaking the text up into separate paragraphs of up to 2 to 6 (approx) lines long it makes it much easier to read and keep track of where you are in the text; especially if you happen to look away temporarily for any reason.

Great blog though and well done.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I found your sentences long and rambling. Punctuation is lacking and the mini articles lack structure. You can do better but need help. Borrow a book or two from the library on writing articles. Try writing the articles in Word and switch on spelling and grammar checks; this will eliminate silly errors such as writing i instead of I. Also, switch readability statistics on and do a review using Word. For a blog you need a reading score of 70 or more. This post scores 73; your latest blog scores under 40 and that is hard going. You can do much better.

• Like 1

I am all for encouraging anglers to write about their experiences, but if they ask for criticism and advice, then they should get just that.

It's no good saying something is "wonderful" if it isn't. The above post is fair comment and if heeded will be most useful..

The important point, Adam, is to take advantage of the existing Word technology as Mark suggests..

As to style - try to keep it factual, ("this is what I did, this is what I caught") but without mentioning particular brands - a common fault of the so-called "professional" angling press.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

From my point of view, I never even try to read coloured text (even white text) on a coloured background.

On another forum I use, twenty people took this test (below), only five had no deficiencies in their colour vision, all of the other fifteen may well also struggle to read coloured text.

http://www.color-blindness.com/farnsworth-munsell-100-hue-color-vision-test/