Dry suits

kennosen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wear a Kokatat dry suit. I've had it for a while now, its been used and washed regularly and still going strong. Its made of goretex not cheap to buy - bought mine from the states on offer and I got a discount on top of that.. I think only www.knoydart.co.uk is the UK seller for these and their prices are very high.

Zzippys just bought a Typhoon breathable drysuit and seems to work just fine.

Try and get one with integrated booties and a relief zipper is possible. Integrated booties means there are no latex ankle seals and your feet will be warm and dry if you wear the right socks underneath.

Having a drysuit also means you can wear other luxuries underneath. Have just bought a heated waist belt which warms the kidney area - not needed when paddling around but should come in handy when anchored up this winter. Heated socks may be next :yeah:

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I wear a Kokatat dry suit. I've had it for a while now, its been used and washed regularly and still going strong. Its made of goretex not cheap to buy - bought mine from the states on offer and I got a discount on top of that.. I think only www.knoydart.co.uk is the UK seller for these and their prices are very high.

Zzippys just bought a Typhoon breathable drysuit and seems to work just fine.

Try and get one with integrated booties and a relief zipper is possible. Integrated booties means there are no latex ankle seals and your feet will be warm and dry if you wear the right socks underneath.

Having a drysuit also means you can wear other luxuries underneath. Have just bought a heated waist belt which warms the kidney area - not needed when paddling around but should come in handy when anchored up this winter. Heated socks may be next :yeah:

heated underpants sounds better :idea:

I think it was this one from here. Its the front entry racer towards the bottom of the page.. comes with free undersuit.

If you are out fishing this winter you will last much longer if you anchor with the wind against your back.

cheers speciman, thats the exact same one that my eyes were drawn to. Sounds just the ticket. Not too expensive either, I dont want to push it with the chancellor breathing down my neck, its too large to try and hide from the missus and to lie about its existence :headhurt:

cheers speciman, thats the exact same one that my eyes were drawn to. Sounds just the ticket. Not too expensive either, I dont want to push it with the chancellor breathing down my neck, its too large to try and hide from the missus and to lie about its existence :headhurt:
Hiya Kennosen

I am well pleased with the drysuit.Just wish I had bought one last winter instead of useing a wetsuit with Gortex trousers.I also purchased these boots to go with the suit

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/product_inf...products_id=172

I got a size bigger than my feet are to allow for the socks .

zzippy2.gif

No problem. If you don't already own something suitable don't forget to budget for clothing underneath the suit. I don't know the weight/rating of the undersuit which comes with your drysuit but wearing this on its own under the suit may not be enough during winter. Look for high wicking, synthetic clothing like Polartec fleece, Powerstretch, Helly Hansons etc. Although the drysuits are different there are similarities between what diver and kayaker fisherman could wear under their drysuits and if you're interested worth browsing some of the dive forums for ideas....Xerotherm is popular.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow