Cod crisis? What cod crisis?

Guest challenge

Am sorry sir.

Have not come across any of your threads that have shown so much interest.

If you believe its drivel then why not press the ignore button?

What drivel don’t you like? The drivel of reporting something (that as controversial as it may be to some) that might actually mean there is some chance of optimism among some RSA in this country? :headhurt:

I'd hardly call the same 4 or 5 posters going round in circles, page after page interesting, but whatever floats your boat.

And no need to call me Sir, Scott will do ;)

Sir Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muttley
Am sorry sir.

Have not come across any of your threads that have shown so much interest.

If you believe its drivel then why not press the ignore button?

What drivel don’t you like? The drivel of reporting something (that as controversial as it may be to some) that might actually mean there is some chance of optimism among some RSA in this country? :headhurt:

I have tried to refrain from posting on this topic as i didn't want to get drawn in to anything.

No.1 I wouldn't call it interest in this post...more like anger.

No.2 We all know that commercial boats catch far more than the fish in your photo everyday Challenge, but to see the sight of TOO MANY fish taken from an 'angling' boat was just too much for most to see. Everyone has the total right to take fish for the pot and i would NEVER slate anyone for doing so BUT,anything in moderation. Taking that many was OTT.

We all know there aren't as many fish in the sea as there was....PERIOD!!! And anyone who says different is a plonker!

I'm with Scott on this one>

Guest challenge
I have tried to refrain from posting on this topic as i didn't want to get drawn in to anything.

No.1 I wouldn't call it interest in this post...more like anger.

No.2 We all know that commercial boats catch far more than the fish in your photo everyday Challenge, but to see the sight of TOO MANY fish taken from an 'angling' boat was just too much for most to see. Everyone has the total right to take fish for the pot and i would NEVER slate anyone for doing so BUT,anything in moderation. Taking that many was OTT.

We all know there aren't as many fish in the sea as there was....PERIOD!!! And anyone who says different is a plonker!

I'm with Scott on this one>

muttley.

I respect your opinion. But to say that every body who has reported more pipe fish seen than ever before to be plonkers unrealistic.

The only reason we (and our anglers) are reporting more fish where we fish is because we are the only ones fishing there. Where reporting things as they happen.

What do you want us to do (to avoid being plonkers) not report anything or just not catch as much in case we got it wrong?

I am only saying there is more fish where we go, am not saying there is more fish in the sea than there was.

Take things out of context if you want the same as I could with the pipe fish.

Regards.

As I have said many times before, there is some great ground fishing to be had off Whitby. But what we concentrate on (because that’s what our anglers want) when doing long trip offshore is wreck fishing.

Not all the wrecks we fish are successful, not by a long way, but all I was trying to say to start with on this thread was that this year there has been more fish than in previous years.

I apologise if the sight of fish (in large amounts) upset people. I assure you it was not meant to. I was only (and I believe that Motorola was too) trying to say that things in our part of the world (where we fish) are improving on what they where five years ago.

You can have your theory’s on hot spots or last of the cod congregated together.

But when your talking about such a massive area producing more fish than (we have ever seen) in resent years I believe it is worth reporting.

Regards.

John you have seen a marked improvement recently with cod so have i and lets hope it it stays that way, what motorola was insinuating or was asking if everybody was in agrement that inshore fishing was poor compaired to offshore thats his opinion and believe me its not everybody elses opinon, but it seems strange he has booked a 10hr trip tommorow well things cant be that bad after all i wish him good luck hope he has a good day if he reports he had caught enough by 11am you know he has had a good day.

regards

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

John you have seen a marked improvement recently with cod so have i and lets hope it it stays that way, what motorola was insinuating or was asking if everybody was in agrement that inshore fishing was poor compaired to offshore thats his opinion and believe me its not everybody elses opinon, but it seems strange he has booked a 10hr trip tommorow well things cant be that bad after all i wish him good luck hope he has a good day if he reports he had caught enough by 11am you know he has had a good day.

regards

paul.

thanks for the reply BIG COD,

i'm not sure i feel ok about people knowing my fishing trip agenda but there you go

hope stuart is there on time as it is his birthday today (or so i believe)

lets get out there and catch some fish :sun:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge

regards

paul.

I think it’s time you backed of this lad. He is coming to Whitby fishing on a ten hour trip tomorrow because he loves fishing. I have only known Carl for a few months, but I find him a genuine lad who has got a great enthusiasm for sea angling.

I only whish there where more like him. He also happens to of fished with you and fished with us. He also expresses a genuine opinion (unlike Billy bongo) so I think we should leave it at that. Like Scotty I am getting board with it too.

Guest muttley
muttley.

I respect your opinion. But to say that every body who has reported more pipe fish seen than ever before to be plonkers unrealistic.

The only reason we (and our anglers) are reporting more fish where we fish is because we are the only ones fishing there. Where reporting things as they happen.

What do you want us to do (to avoid being plonkers) not report anything or just not catch as much in case we got it wrong?

I am only saying there is more fish where we go, am not saying there is more fish in the sea than there was.

Take things out of context if you want the same as I could with the pipe fish.

Regards.

There is always an exception to the rule Challenge...If in this case it is the pipe fish then so be it.

I have to ask myself why there is an explosion of pipefish? Is it because we are upsetting the natural equilibrium of nature by harvesting various species too hard and upsetting natures balance?

Or are they on a natural cycle that we are not aware of?

I hold nothing against you Challenge its just that i found it a little overkill with that picture.

I understand you have to live and run your business as you see fit....That is your perogative.

I fish just for fun....That is my perogative. Wouldn't it be boring if we was all the same!!

I would wish you tight lines but you would probably kill them all anyway(only joking)

So slack lines and all the best Regards Muttley

Guest challenge
There is always an exception to the rule Challenge...If in this case it is the pipe fish then so be it.

I have to ask myself why there is an explosion of pipefish? Is it because we are upsetting the natural equilibrium of nature by harvesting various species too hard and upsetting natures balance?

Or are they on a natural cycle that we are not aware of?

I hold nothing against you Challenge its just that i found it a little overkill with that picture.

I understand you have to live and run your business as you see fit....That is your perogative.

I fish just for fun....That is my perogative. Wouldn't it be boring if we was all the same!!

I would wish you tight lines but you would probably kill them all anyway(only joking)

So slack lines and all the best Regards Muttley

Muttley.

I have not got a business. It’s not my business. I am only a crewman who happens to love angling. If no body was to ever go angling again I would still go. If posting a photo of a regular event is going to put across my point then so be it.

What do you want us to do? Attack commercials every day and say there is no fish because of you? When in fact there is (and as you stated using overkill as your definition) plenty for anglers to catch.

Guest muttley
Muttley.

I have not got a business. It’s not my business. I am only a crewman who happens to love angling. If no body was to ever go angling again I would still go. If posting a photo of a regular event is going to put across my point then so be it.

What do you want us to do? Attack commercials every day and say there is no fish because of you? When in fact there is (and as you stated using overkill as your definition) plenty for anglers to catch.

No need to throw your dummy out the pram buddy.