an idea to stop fish being taken by eastern europeans

s_mac

Because of the laws, and the local waters and what they allow, like someone said, is it a canal or river, where fish can be taken.

I asked a question on another thread of a similar subject. what can we do.

Because we seem to have trouble finding what is an offence and what is not.

I think we should get away from, who is taking what from what waters and what rivers and canals and get back to the basics.

the one thing we all have to have, is our EA ROD LICENSE. this is the only tool that we have to stop this, or get these people prosecuted. yes its hard to prove they have taken fish, on any given water.

The EA are under budget, and as another thread said a few weeks ago, we are never really checked these days.

The idea i have, is why we cant do what the police have done, and getting, what i call the blue hats, community police, ok they dont have the power of arrest, but are at hand to take info on people, question people and take notes, as well as call for back up, and im sure the police respond very quickly, when they call in. i know this first hand as i see it every day where i work.

so why cant the EA recruit us anglers as volunteers to act as baliffs, to check licenses on the waters we fish.

So instead of the official EA baliffs trying to get round waters, they can wait for calls from anglers as community baliffs, and respond more quickly. im sure these eastern europeans dont want to be caught breaking the law as they are here on visa's,

its just a thought, what do you all think.

regards

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read on here over the years the EA rarely turn out now if an angler phones in with a problem, (think close season) how will they cope even if only 1 per cent of anglers are acting as unnofficial bailiffs?

As above sounds good BUT the sound of apathy will be absolutely DEAFENING!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Your title, an idea to stop fish being taken by eastern europeans, please add your in put is interesting.

On a given section of water, it is either legal or not legal to take fish for the pot and you either do or do not need a license to fish.

I really don't see how the ethnic background of a violator makes a great deal of difference.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The fact that you have a licence or yearbook for the water, gives you the right to ask to see the licence or permit of anyone (regardless of nationality), fishing the water. So you are already a kind of bailiff. As to whether the EA would act on individual cases is another thing.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Who would you confront about licences? everyone? What would you do if they were not licenced ?

I shouldnt think the EA are going to be waiting on the end of a phone with a immigrant rapid response team ready to shoot out and confront anyone.

Confronting them on your own is a sure fire way to getting your head dented.

I think its down to the fishery to be checking licences of people fishing when they purchase day tickets, or the fishery bailiff to enforce the fisheries rules. Loads of vigilanties wont help fishing in the long run.

Bob

Exactly!

Im glad someone (Gozzer) still knows that having a licence automaticly entitles you to ask others to produce theirs.But why dosnt everyone else know this?

AT THE RISK OF BECOMING BORING-

Because the rules/bye laws are no longer printed on the back of your rod licence! So it doesnt really matter if you have one or not as you are still in the dark.Why tell me cant this simple thing be remedied?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

theres only one way and thats education & prosecution ! i believe in ones right to take fish for food,but i also see the need for limitations on the number & size of fish you can take but it needs to be uniform accross the country and the same laws apply to all.and anyone caught flounting those laws should be prosecuted.

but as it has already been shown the EA arn't always willing to police the rivers as they should and the police won't waste their time chasing those who break laws that already exist as fish related crimes arn't a crime statistic priority ! what ever happend to the river police! oh yeh cut backs !.in the end it all boils down to the same old thing resources.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve