1000,000 to 2000,000 RSA,s?

sam-cox

Noone is saying im allright jack screw you. What Stavey is saying is let those with the knowledge influence what happens in their own area. If you think bag limits, licences etc will benefit you then great, crack on and ask for them, but dont drag us into it. I dont want a bag limit on cod for my coast because someone from wales thought a global bag limit would catch them a few more flounders. Isnt this a case of were not alright so we will screw everyone else up?

This is exactly the problem we have Stavey. People who know something about a little area thinking they know best for everywhere in the uk. We cover a big area. From what Ive seen of kens posts the fishing there is small dabs and a few bass, If thats considered a good area for fishing then what is a bad one? I dread to think. That doesnt mean I wouldnt offer my Support to ken and anglers from that area but I certainly wouldnt want thier lack of knowledge influencing what happens here. The uk is a huge area, sand flats, muddy estuaries, shingle beaches of the south to the rock and kelp filled gulleys of the north east coast. It would be silly to go down the road of one size fits all.

Edited by glennk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone is saying im allright jack screw you. What Stavey is saying is let those with the knowledge influence what happens in their own area. If you think bag limits, licences etc will benefit you then great, crack on and ask for them, but dont drag us into it. I dont want a bag limit on cod for my coast because someone from wales thought a global bag limit would catch them a few more flounders. Isnt this a case of were not alright so we will screw everyone else up?

This is exactly the problem we have Stavey. People who know something about a little area thinking they know best for everywhere in the uk. We cover a big area. From what Ive seen of kens posts the fishing there is small dabs and a few bass, If thats considered a good area for fishing then what is a bad one? I dread to think. That doesnt mean I wouldnt offer my Support to ken and anglers from that area but I certainly wouldnt want thier lack of knowledge influencing what happens here. The uk is a huge area, sand flats, muddy estuaries, shingle beaches of the south to the rock and kelp filled gulleys of the north east coast. It would be silly to go down the road of one size fits all.

You lot don't seem to read very well at all.

I have an excellent fishing area, bag limits are not a major requirement, and I can live without a licence.

But some people are not so lucky and if that means I have to take onboard some of the requirements like a bag limit on BASS or FLOUNDERS or BREAM then I am happy to do it.

NO WHERE have I ever stated that I know whats best for you or anyone else.

Please read my post before making pointless remarks.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

You lot don't seem to read very well at all.

I have an excellent fishing area, bag limits are not a major requirement, and I can live without a licence.

But some people are not so lucky and if that means I have to take onboard some of the requirements like a bag limit on BASS or FLOUNDERS or BREAM then I am happy to do it.

NO WHERE have I ever stated that I know whats best for you or anyone else.

Please read my post before making pointless remarks.

Thats all very commendable ken, and i do read your posts with interest and i hope with some understanding? but you see talk is cheap when your already well off so to speak( in fishing quality terms), i would like to think i would not have to question your sincerity but i some how wonder if the real reason is, that if certain area's were given a chance for improvement and it was a success you and others might feel you had been left out in a way and would feel penalised when visiting those area's if you had to pay by buying a licence etc to fish there and in the meen time your own area had nothing done to help improve it even more maybe??????????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Thats all very commendable ken, and i do read your posts with interest and i hope with some understanding? but you see talk is cheap when your already well off so to speak( in fishing quality terms), i would like to think i would not have to question your sincerity but i some how wonder if the real reason is, that if certain area's were given a chance for improvement and it was a success you and others might feel you had been left out in a way and would feel penalised when visiting those area's if you had to pay by buying a licence etc to fish there and in the meen time your own area had nothing done to help improve it even more maybe??????????

If you had read my post then you would see that what you have just stated is exactly what I said.

If a licence comes in then it should in my own opinion; speaking only for myself and know one else; apply to all of us no matter what our fishing was like. My only concern with that statement is "Will the money be used to help areas not so well blessed"

Glens fishing appears to revolve around COD but that as he already knows is not the only species in the seas around our shores.

If bag limits come in for whatever species one would hope they are applied to suit certain locations where needed or maybe adjusted up or down as stock increase or decrease.

If anyone is trying to justify the stones of cod fillets displayed on here last week whilst blagging commercials for the way they behave I personally find it hard to believe.

These fish were not caught by RSAs they were caught by semi-professional fishermen out to subsidise their larder, that might not go down very well but I would hardly call it one for the pot. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist

There's a huge point being missed by everyone here. Who is to say that measures like bag limits, licences, no go zones, etc, will benefit anyones angling?

I've said it before, these measures will do absolutely nothing without some quite severe restrictions on commercial fishing. This government have shown that they don't even have enough control over the commercial sector to put the bass MLS up by 9cm to ensure a sustainable fishery for the future. 9cm! 1 3/4 inches! No, the best they could do was a 4cm increase that did nothing for the fishery whatsoever. Why? Because the commercial sector runs the fishery, not the government.

So what hope do we have of the government putting severe restrictions on commercial fishermen to go with our bag limits, no go areas, licences and compulsory catch and release? From where I'm standing, the answer is NONE, and that's why all sea anglers should be fighting these measures.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

There's a huge point being missed by everyone here. Who is to say that measures like bag limits, licences, no go zones, etc, will benefit anyones angling?

I've said it before, these measures will do absolutely nothing without some quite severe restrictions on commercial fishing. This government have shown that they don't even have enough control over the commercial sector to put the bass MLS up by 9cm to ensure a sustainable fishery for the future. 9cm! 1 3/4 inches! No, the best they could do was a 4cm increase that did nothing for the fishery whatsoever. Why? Because the commercial sector runs the fishery, not the government.

So what hope do we have of the government putting severe restrictions on commercial fishermen to go with our bag limits, no go areas, licences and compulsory catch and release? From where I'm standing, the answer is NONE, and that's why all sea anglers should be fighting these measures.

Sorry to be a pain in the butt but 9cm = 3.54" not 1.75" :rolleyes::D

I do agree 100% Steve that is why I said I hoped what ever money is raised from a licence would go to improving stock of all species and in areas where it is needed. If the improving means a curb on commercial activities or indeed on RSAs then that is the way to go, however like yourself my trust in the judgement of politicians to achieve an improvement rather than party status is on something of a low and I am not just basing that on the BMP result.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

If you had read my post then you would see that what you have just stated is exactly what I said.

If a licence comes in then it should in my own opinion; speaking only for myself and know one else; apply to all of us no matter what our fishing was like. My only concern with that statement is "Will the money be used to help areas not so well blessed"

Glens fishing appears to revolve around COD but that as he already knows is not the only species in the seas around our shores.

If bag limits come in for whatever species one would hope they are applied to suit certain locations where needed or maybe adjusted up or down as stock increase or decrease.

If anyone is trying to justify the stones of cod fillets displayed on here last week whilst blagging commercials for the way they behave I personally find it hard to believe.

These fish were not caught by RSAs they were caught by semi-professional fishermen out to subsidise there larder, that might not go down very well but I would hardly call it one for the pot. :rolleyes:

Er thats good then we understand each others opinion on this i think? local idea's and decisions by local people rather than one central idea/decision for all........

Edited by stavey

Sorry to be a pain in the butt but 9cm = 3.54" not 1.75" :rolleyes::D

I do agree 100% Steve that is why I said I hoped what ever money is raised from a licence would go to improving stock of all species and in areas where it is needed. If the improving means a curb on commercial activities or indeed on RSAs then that is the way to go, however like yourself my trust in the judgement of politicians to achieve an improvement rather than party status is on something of a low and I am not just basing that on the BMP result.

Well spotted Ken :thumbs: , 1 3/4 inches was what they increased it by, ......well there abouts.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi steve

You must be totaly pi**ed off with the whole thing, i know i am and i dont do a smidging compared to you mate, we are just not gonna get the support thats needed are we in the long run? like the geezer ken highlighted earlier in this thread it is just typical of the average sea angler in the uk and he's thinking, i will end up supporting and giving more time and money to greenpeace and wwf even if it may promote protected area's free from anglers as well as commercials, when you think of the years of effort from BASS that they put in for such a pathetic return 4cm it realy shows what any one of us are up against, cheers.........

Hello Steve

I Disagree with you on this one. The point you all are missing is that there has been and there are lots more restrictions on commercial fishing in the pipe line. For a start the bass increase will make a difference to a lot of UK fishermen, the EU are talking of more severe cuts in effort on any fishery that might catch a cod, there are recommended cuts proposed on inshore fishing in the net benefits report, they can't have large closed areas with out cutting the fleet down to match the available ground left, as it is, the over 10 meter sector is a mere shadow of what it was, the few that are left are more or less self managed as far as they can be by the quota traders (PO's) and kept in line by the buyers and sellers, not to much management involved there any more, and that is the main point, there is a army of managers out there with very little left to manage, there is talk of bringing in Individual Quotas (ITQ) for the under 10 meter fleet, that will soon whittle them down to a few wealthy owners who can afford to buy up or lease enough quota to be viable the rest will fall by the way side, same as the over 10's.

So all that is going to be left to manage is you lot.

I fish to live and live to fish.