winter carp fishing

kestrel

Anyone had a good session in the wet weather ?

I had a session of note two weeks ago, 4 commons all 16kgs, two 8 kgs, 9 10kg fish and twins at nine kgs, the two nines were fun to land and right on top of each other the one was just on the mat when the other rods toook off. :yeah:

That was just after a real hum dinger of a storn had to pull the rods out because of the lighting, it rained all night, cloady the next day but the fish were crasy nver had a session like this before on that water.

it was fun.

Roger :sun:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=5]It really does depend on what your happy with if your one of those people happy with one fish all day then its brillient, just remmber if you are fishing in the winter stay away from thr fruity baits and got to the smelly baits like Monster crap for me i enjoy winter carp fishing. If you can catch a carp in the winter it proves yout a skillful angler.

Good luck

Edward B

><)))*>

Can be if you can find the right venue. Generally you want a shallow, weed free and well stocked venue. You will always get venues that break the mould and this is where doing you homework helps. Having said that i go pike fishing in the winter

• 1 month later...
Can be if you can find the right venue. Generally you want a shallow, weed free and well stocked venue. You will always get venues that break the mould and this is where doing you homework helps. Having said that i go pike fishing in the winter

After all the advice I read and received I have still only managed 2 day and 1 over nighter sessions this winter, When do we officailly say we are fishing in Spring ?

No fish banked yet either !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.