South Coast Meet

richi

Okay, talk has been going on about a south coast meet----I propose a meet on the 28thoct before it get's too cold.Neap tides on this weekend----any suggestions as to venue ???????????? :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbs:

Okay, talk has been going on about a south coast meet----I propose a meet on the 28thoct before it get's too cold.Neap tides on this weekend----any suggestions as to venue ???????????? :thumbs:

Two from Crawley for the 28th Oct, need a venue though..................

Dont care where it is Richi, just count me in!

Anyone care to suggest locations and timings etc?

Anyone care to suggest locations and timings etc?

Are we talking day or night? If its day I'm in. May I suggest planning on more than one location subject to weather forecasts nearer the time.

Edited by overrun

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Are we talking day or night? If its day I'm in. May I suggest planning on more than one location subject to weather forecasts nearer the time.

definately day and great idea with the 2 locations

I'll start the ball rolling with some venue suggestions:

good weather mark---Kimmeridge--ample parking, easy launch,a lot of varied fishing for novices and experienced alike :thumbs: or we could fish the ledge if you're all up for it :blink:

poor weather mark---Poole Harbour

come on everyone---suggestions! :fish:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

definately day and great idea with the 2 locations

I'll start the ball rolling with some venue suggestions:

good weather mark---Kimmeridge--ample parking, easy launch,a lot of varied fishing for novices and experienced alike :thumbs: or we could fish the ledge if you're all up for it :blink:

poor weather mark---Poole Harbour

come on everyone---suggestions! :fish:

Another place may be Hayling. Have the beach loads of parking and hopefully whiting/plaice showing. It would not be my first choice though as fishing has been very patchy and fancy somewhere different. Advantage is fishing the harbours if weather turns bad...

:bigemo_harabe_net-183:

If we have people coming down from Brighton and others coming up from Bournemouth, shouldn't we try and find somewhere in the middle, I agree that Dorset has some of the best marks, but the travelling may put some off, having said that I would like another crack at Kimmeridge before November :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com