South Coast Meet

richi

If we have people coming down from Brighton and others coming up from Bournemouth, shouldn't we try and find somewhere in the middle, I agree that Dorset has some of the best marks, but the travelling may put some off, having said that I would like another crack at Kimmeridge before November :)

SM :)

count me in if its kimmeridge :)

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definately day and great idea with the 2 locations

I'll start the ball rolling with some venue suggestions:

good weather mark---Kimmeridge--ample parking, easy launch,a lot of varied fishing for novices and experienced alike :thumbs: or we could fish the ledge if you're all up for it :blink:

poor weather mark---Poole Harbour

come on everyone---suggestions! :fish:

Ledge is bit advanced for me! but hey better by day. Now we are on the subject of locations, how about well up harbour for early Flounders? I don't know about Portsmouth or Southampton/Hythe but in Poole we could do well off the Wareham Channel, Rockley or Lake. Perhaps someone could suggest similar Flounder spots in the other harbours?

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Okay, talk has been going on about a south coast meet----I propose a meet on the 28thoct before it get's too cold.Neap tides on this weekend----any suggestions as to venue ???????????? :thumbs:

OK that's it I am starting a North West meet, so then!, that's errrrr, welllll me I guess :schmoll:

Ha ha :lol:

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Herne Bay, the holder of record Bass. Free car park by the beach at Hampton Pier, launch at any state of the tide, safe with winds from the SW, S, SE, ok with onshore winds if light. Oh, and new toilets in the car park.

A good mark, only three quarters of a mile paddle, would be at the old pierhead. It must hold fish, and would be a safe mark, not too far out. This time of year, a good chance of a double figure Bass.

Edited by maidstonemike

If we have people coming down from Brighton and others coming up from Bournemouth, shouldn't we try and find somewhere in the middle, I agree that Dorset has some of the best marks, but the travelling may put some off, having said that I would like another crack at Kimmeridge before November :)

Just been on the phone to a friend of mine who runs the local fishing tackle shop and there are reports (and pukka) of tope and big bass being caught on Hayling, flappers and heads and guts... Just a thought

Personally would prefer somewhere different but just thought. Think I will give it a try on sunday to see how it goes

:fishing1:

Just been on the phone to a friend of mine who runs the local fishing tackle shop and there are reports (and pukka) of tope and big bass being caught on Hayling, flappers and heads and guts... Just a thought

Personally would prefer somewhere different but just thought. Think I will give it a try on sunday to see how it goes

:fishing1:

what time Sunday,Gedi? :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Is that reliable source the reliable source that is a mutual friend, that you fish with and I keep meaning to fish with, if so that's quite a reliable source, did he tell you where and how far out and is the reliable source up for coming out as well?

or is he working :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Is that reliable source the reliable source that is a mutual friend, that you fish with and I keep meaning to fish with, if so that's quite a reliable source, did he tell you where and how far out and is the reliable source up for coming out as well?

or is he working :D

Reliable source...you ever fished with him lol. Yes mutual friend gave me the info, location, clothes to wear etc :thumbs:

The LW is 11ish morning so can fish low up, see how we go. I am game for whenever anyone fancies it, as wife is away from early morning doing her granny babysitting thing

:secret:

Reliable source...you ever fished with him lol. Yes mutual friend gave me the info, location, clothes to wear etc :thumbs:

The LW is 11ish morning so can fish low up, see how we go. I am game for whenever anyone fancies it, as wife is away from early morning doing her granny babysitting thing

:secret:

Hmmmm.The weather (wind)is looking ok for Sunday,and I am off:)

I have only ever fished Hayling Island from the beach about 3 years ago.I think it was The Inn on the beach

zzippy2.gif

Damn and blast, my wife has booked a table at a Fete and yours truely has to man it :(

SM :(

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com