South Coast Meet

richi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 days till saturday------the way the weather has been it will probably be better to fish somewhere like Portland harbour.It allows the inexperienced paddler shelter while the more experienced guys can fish the bill.................Portland harbour is my suggestion :thumbs:

what do you say gentlemen?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Can't make Saturday but Portland Harbour does sound like a good choice of venue. Its a big area though so those with VHFs could leave them on an agreed channel (whilst monitoring C16) to update each other of whats being caught & where people are positioned.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Portland is ideal.

Easy launch,

Sheltered,

Conger, :) Big Bass, :thumbs: and Doggies :( - prolly other stuff as well but that's what I caught.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

If it's only going to be me and Phooey we're off on a night conger quest :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

If it's only going to be me and Phooey we're off on a night conger quest :clap2:

Where do I sign ?

:D

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

Saturday not looking as good as Sunday with rain forecast, wind much less on Sunday but the harbour should be sheltered so it's a tentative yes from me. Got my Drysuit and off to try it out tomorrow, need some ideas on head gear next (to keep the rain off!) :blink:

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Saturday not looking as good as Sunday with rain forecast, wind much less on Sunday but the harbour should be sheltered so it's a tentative yes from me. Got my Drysuit and off to try it out tomorrow, need some ideas on head gear next (to keep the rain off!) :blink:

I have a 2 piece drysuit which has a proper hood - I stick a beanie underneath to keep the heat in. Other solutions include sailing overcoats - good in cold weather and they have proper hoods or just acasual lightweight top with a hood.

Hats ? - don't get started on hats.... :rolleyes:

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

DOH! :cold:

Seriously.. The ultimate cold weather hat is not surisingly the Russian style fleece hat. I have one made by shimano (how russian). You might look a t..t but at least you're a warm one. I have a Gortex Hooded Jacket that I can slip on if its really raining. I store that in a dry bag in the tankwell. For summer and general use the Tilley hat is fantastic with a beanie as back up. :)

Edited by darnsarf

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

DOH! :cold:

Seriously.. The ultimate cold weather hat is not surisingly the Russian style fleece hat. I have one made by shimano (how russian). You might look a t..t but at least you're a warm one. I have a Gortex Hooded Jacket that I can slip on if its really raining. I store that in a dry bag in the tankwell. For summer and general use the Tilley hat is fantastic with a beanie as back up. :)

Thanks chaps, I'm well used to looking a t..t, better dry and warm rather than trendy.

but hey, the yak is very trendy.

Edited by overrun

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25