Porta-bote new 14ft

kentangler

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might get me on one of those on a lake or canal, but not on the sea, wouldn't give it 5 minutes with any sort of swell.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Guest stevie cop

Don't! You're having a laugh!

Please tell me that you put this on here as a wind up. If you are seriously considering getting one of those for sea fishing, perhaps you should stick to the beach!

I know the fishing's been bad lately, but there are easier ways of killing yourself you know!

Guest stevie cop

Kent. I've watched the video. Anything other than flat calm conditions would fold that boat in half. Even a gentle breeze on the sea, with a bit of tide and a little chop, would be far too much for that boat to handle.

I'm not trying to p*ss on your fire, just trying to save your money, and maybe your life! Can you imagine that boat with two people and fishing tackle? Then you've got a fuel tank and safety equipment to stow. One wake from another boat would swamp it in short order. It's absolutely the wrong shape for the sea, and flimsy with it.

as I said Kent a 13 foot clinker boat with oars and small seagull like O/B would be very safe for fishing in shore.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

they look like a paper boat, funny bow shape.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I know the water you have in mind to use this boat on kent. It's a very very well sheltered estuary less than 3 ft deep at low water and it would take a gale to put ripples on it. It's not open water at all. I would use it here.